Ufc

Discussion in 'General' started by lman_15, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Who is watching UFC tonight? It's free on Spike TV at 9pm.. It's the Ultimate Fighter Finale and Kimbo Slice is going to be fighting Houston Alexander.. any UFC fans out there? Any predictions for the fight?

Fight Card:

Roy Nelson vs Brendan Schaub
    Matt Hamill vs Jon Jones
    Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander
    Frank Edgar vs Matt Veach
    Marcus Jones vs Matt Mitrione
    Darrill Schoonover vs James McSweeney
    Jon Madsen vs Justin Wren
    Brian Stann vs Rodney Wallace
    John Howard vs Dennis Hallman
    Mark Bocek vs Joe Brammer

Personally I think:
    Brendan Schaub
    Matt Hamill
    Kimbo Slice
    Frank Edgar
    Are all gunna win

Check For More Details:
    The Ultimate Fighter® Heavyweights FINALE

2. Theres already a looooong MMA thread in the sport forum. But my predictions...

Roy Nelson vs Brendan Schaub
    Matt Hamill vs Jon Jones
    Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander
    Frank Edgar vs Matt Veach
    Marcus Jones vs Matt Mitrione
    Darrill Schoonover vs James McSweeney
    Jon Madsen vs Justin Wren
    Brian Stann vs Rodney Wallace
    John Howard vs Dennis Hallman
    Mark Bocek vs Joe Brammer

3. ooohh shit marcus lost...none of his moves were working

4. #4 theVirtuoso, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
    I really wanted the darkness to win (big baby). He has sooo much potential and he seems so composed in the ring as well... he just needs some serious hand work (matt hughes, josh koshcheck, matt serra and many other fighters started with really only a ground game to start).

He obviously has the striking power (ex: knockout from guard on his 2nd win), he just seems to have no training in standup... has no idea how to block/counter and leaves his face open from all sorts of angles. I think the lack of experience just simply fighting made a huge difference as well. Marcus did what most people do when they get hit pretty hard and that's flinch, lean/move backward... basically panic due to instinct because they haven't trained their mind to keep composure in that situation.

The eye thing with junk is why he is so discouraged after losing, with him saying that was probably the last we see of him. I think he finally realized what could happen to his family if something were to happen to him in the ring later on... I remember him being very serious about a curse word on some drawing of him and he was going on about how he has kids watching so I know he's a family man.

As for the winner... I hope Brendan Schaub wins because I fucking hate roy and his arrogance... which I could deal with since he's a fighter, but his style of sittin on arms and just punching the guys top of the head over and over... I just hate his fighting technique and I really like brendan's knockout power. He showed good transitioning to get back to standing against marcus jones so I believe as long as he can get back to his feet (he will be taken down) he will have no trouble knocking out roy.

edit: just realized I have it on recording and I think it's already finished haha :D