Ufc Changes Marijuana Limits- And A Reality Check

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Storm Crow, Jun 3, 2013.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    I don't care for this sport, but this is a small step forward in the sports world! And you may find my comparison to be interesting-

UFC Changes Testing Threshold on Marijuana
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1658698-ufc-changes-testing-threshold-on-marijuana

New marijuana testing rules implemented by the UFC will mean that as long as a fighter isn't high on the day of the fight, it's all good.

According to MMAJunkie.com, UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner said the MMA promotion will raise the testing threshold for marijuana metabolites from 50 ng/mL to 150 ng/mL, which is in line with the recent change implemented by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

The changes are designed to make sure fighters aren't under the influence of the drug during competition but could be safe if they use it weeks or even days before.

However, the changes will only be applied in places where the UFC self-regulates its events and not in its home state of Nevada where the 50 ng/mL rule will remain. (snipped)

Now here is the reality check. I want you to look at those ng/ml numbers again! Now, get a load of this!

5 ng/ml is the limit for drugged driving in Washington state, and the proposed limit in others. 150 ng/mL is the limit for fighting!

Either the limit for drugged driving is WAY too low, or those fighters are REALLY stoned 24/7! NORML argues that the limit is too low, especially for medical users like me!

Marijuana Legalization: High Drivers Now a Major Concern in Washington, Colorado  http://www.policymic.com/articles/20602/marijuana-legalization-high-drivers-now-a-major-concern-in-washington-colorado/334110

(snipped) "Ironically, one of the biggest opponents to Washington State's new marijuana law has been medical marijuana groups that fear the tougher sanctions on “high driving” that the law would bring.

According to NORML, there are number of factors that can affect what comes up on a urine test. In short, for a “regular user” that smokes daily or several times a week it could take months of abstinence to fall below the 5 ng/ml threshold, meaning they would never not get a DUI, essentially. For one-time users, it could be a matter of hours or days until they fall below the threshold, depending on the individual and amount consumed.

If it's legal for someone to smoke marijuana every day, say in the evening, is it fair that they can't drive legally in the morning?

I don't know, do you?"

I just thought you guys might be interested in the differences in "legal" amounts of THC!

Granny

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thats soooooo awsome!

3. very smart move

i agree with not letting them actually be stoned while they fight. being stoned while you fight is a clear advantage, a lot of fighters do smoke a fuckton of bud too so this isnt really a small issue.

i know Rogan and Nick diaz dont hide the fact that they get baked before they train.

4. ufc is such a barbaric sport lol

5. Whomever was at this round table and voted to implement this rule were just being reasonable. They know there isnt anything wrong with herb. Big ups to the U.F.C