U.S. Deploys 12,000 troops to Libya!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mobius635, Jan 23, 2012.

1. PressTV - US deploys 12,000 troops in Libya

The United States has sent some 12,000 soldiers to Libya, in the first phase of deployments to the oil-rich North African nation.
    According to Asharq Alawsat, the troops landed in the eastern oil port city of Brega.
    Although the deployment is said to be aimed at generating stability and security in the region, the troops are expected to take control of the country's key oil fields and strategic ports.
    Brega, the site of an important oil refinery, serves as a major export hub for Libyan oil. The town is also one of the five oil terminals in the eastern half of the country.

2. World conquest is underway

3. Finally! for a second i thought obama hit the snooze button..

4. It would be his final push before his campaign for the presidency.

5. Its a shame we are going to have our troops in the middle of Libya surrounded by thousands of killers with guns not knowing why they are really there.The rebels who fought Ghaddafi are hardcore killers who aren't very stable. Answer- Gotta get this oil man. A civil war is brewing.

6. *totally convincing shocked face*?

7. saw it coming haha, and about time too, people are gullible

8. #9 PeruvianDank, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
    For fucks sake, Obama is a fucking liar. Jesus fucking Christ. Damn.

He is such a politician.

9. Wonder what Obamas motives are..

10. also the article doesn't specify what kind of troops Obama is sending.

Marines and Army national guard are too verrrry different things

11. Nation building is nation building.

12. libya has 43.7 billion barrels of oil...

13. This...

The Neocon Prince is "securing" the national resources of Libya for the Libyan people...:rolleyes:

That's how Nobel Peace prize winners roll...

14. I dunno if US boots are on the ground in Libya, but I do know at the same time 15,000 troops were deployed to Kuwait. I think some lines of communication were crossed.

15. This is after the Gadafi loyalists took over that city right?

16. No, this story broke before the gaddafi loyalists took over that town.

17. I think we are all confused...
    Those are not 'soldiers' they are "peace keeping forces" and are there to rebuild the place....just how they rebuild stuff using machine guns and grenades is beyond our feeble minds and thus we should all be silent and let DC do what it does best...(what ever the fuck that is...)

GO DC!
    I for one welcome the invasion of yet another country to ensure peace in the USSA homeland for the safe and secure futures of our overlords in DC and their owners....

<see me be a good sheeple, see, I been good...>:p

18. And he (Obama) will probably win in a landslide this coming November. This country deserves everything it is getting right now. No sympathies...

19. Well, if the government said it was okay obviously they had a good reason to go help nation build. We're such good people. I love America. <3