U.N. to Vote on Libya Airstrikes; U.S. Readies Forces

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SoCalPatient, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Time for another war....

2. This will turn out perfectly fine...

:(

3. Meanwhile, Gaddafi is promising if we intervene he will launch all out war against us...:eek:

4. With what? He lost half of his forces to the rebels and he's even having trouble fighting them!?

Some dictators, man. :rolleyes:

5. so how does this work?

doesn't congress still have to vote/approve this? Or because it's the UN.. they can just bypass all of that silly constitution stuff?

6. Tally ho! Boys Too the Shores of Tripoli!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKOiQgVSP4E]YouTube - TO THE SHORES OF TRIPOLI(1942) Original Theatrical Trailer[/ame]

7. So... It passed. That should add a little bit to our debt.

8. ahhh shit...

9. Yep: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/world/africa/18nations.html?ref=world

10. Oh wonderful. The US declaring an Act of War on another country. So far we have Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and now Libya. Did I miss any? I know technically we are still at war in Korea too.

And yes, fuck the Constitution - that old thing doesn't mean jack shit anymore. Except it is the supreme law of the land and the assholes did swear to uphold it. We are so fucked.

[​IMG]

11. And were does it stop? Saudi Arabia? Bahrain? Yemen?

How can they take the moral high ground after selling arms to these countries for years and blatantly ignoring things like Rwanda and Mugabe?

12. Who said anything about moral high grounds?

Let's kill some brown people! 'MERICA!

13. Well I'm British, looking at the news here all I see is bullshit about "these people deserve democracy blah blah blah" like how can you say that after selling weapons for decades to the regime you're now trying to destroy?

14. The UN are finally reacting. Hopefully they will save the people from Gadhafi.
    Beautiful.

15. The "UN" means 80% U.S., 10% Britain, and 10% assorted nations of the world who feel like sending a regiment or two.

Ugly.

16. ohh goody more war that we can't afford. what is going to be left of this country for my daughter???

when will the US learn that less is more. GTFO and mind our own business. i don't care if that nut job kills every single libyan on earth, WTF does that have to do with us???

we don't even get but 3 % of our oil from there so how does this have anything to do with us???

i really just don't fucking get the retarded spazmatic gurgles that pass for foreign policy in this country. i got a foreign policy for you..."FUCK OFF" (that is all)

17. Naa, Congress doesn't have to approve it and even if they had to, it's not like they would disapprove/reject it.

18. look at the good side...this might finally be what financially bankrupts this morally bankrupt country.