U.K. New to growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Uknewbie, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Thank man do you know where I could I get a decent kit? I would preferably like to get a kit.

2. Have you even decided what grow method you plan on using? Growing weed requires a plan and knowledge and good equipment to get good yields and potent buds. You don't need 8 plants - I harvest over a pound every grow with only 2 plants and 1 light.

3. I've read so much different pieces of advice and I just want help with the whole thing what set up to have and also what strain to go for.

4. If you are dead set on a kit just look up good brands and websites and buy a tent filter/fan combo.... the thing about it is these kits tend to cost more than individually buying these items... there are some that come with everything including the light but idk man it's not that many different things

Intake and outtake inline fan 4" or 6"
    Gives you nice positive pressure in the tent and keeps all the air moving and pushes air through the carbon filter to eliminate smell you also need duct work for this stuff but that should be available locally.

Light
    You could run two 600W HID with air cooled hoods and really dominate in that tent or Cob or CMH are both good to look into

Carbon filter 4" or 6"
    Controls the smell

Tower Fan
    Helps move the air in the plants canopy and help reduce the chance of mold and strengthen stems.

Tent
    whatever size you'd like I know a nice 4x4x6 or something would give you potential for a nice yield but you'd definitely be an the 6" filter and intake

Soil
    Fox farms I personally prefer happy frog mixed with perlite and garden lime... you can go on their website and go to store locator and see if anyone sells it locally but idk with your region... fox farms ocean forest is also popular both available online...

Plant food
    Just do your research on which foods you would prefer... I personally use dyna gro but with the souls I use I don't even need foods until late flower. Also need a ph meter or solution test kit as well as ph up and down.

5. I told you in an earlier post that you would get dozens of different opinions, and I also recommended the type of strains to use and a breeder. You need to make a decision on your grow method before anyone can help you - we can't decide for you, and we can't go through the entire selection process - make a decision and whoever grows that way can give you advice. I'm pretty much over this. Good luck.

6. Thanks dude you are the reason I came here much appreciated! Total respect ✊

• Like Like x 1
  7. I did have one typo I want to correct haha the carbon filter has air pulled through it not pushed through it my bad... there are a couple good videos of setting up everything you need for the grow room on YouTube I'll see if I can find and I'll post em in here.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mick the man is trying to learn u was no expert when u started, just chill and have a spliff my friend

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. #30 MickFoster, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    I understand that he is trying to learn and I help as many people as I can on a daily basis. However it's difficult to help when he doesn't have a clue about what growing method he wants to use, nor has he made any decisions whatsoever about his grow at all. We're here to give advice when a grower has a problem - not hold his hand and help him make every decision. A lot of his questions were answered and he was given a lot of good advice but he keeps asking the same ones, and not just on one thread, but two. He was given 2 links for information on growing and basically blew them off because he wants all of us to educate him. You're right - I was no expert when I started, and I'm no expert now - but I did research, made decisions on my own, and learned from my mistakes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. I didn't blow them off at all? I am very grateful for the advice I have received here and also browsed the links that was attached. The thing is I have been on many sites and doing loads of research, this is part of that research. I'm just trying to get as much advice as possible and compare notes sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's not a problem at all... I read everything everywhere and watched every video... helped me a good bit... but the forums helped more especially keeping a journal. My first grow was not going that good at all until I actually jumped into grasscity started using my account again and reading everything and of course being able to get responses pretty quick for my specific problems...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. hey dude tell us more aboht ya set up and ya prefrences for smoke what strain do ya like to smoke most are quite easy to grow some.can be a lil finicky but im sire theres an easy gal out there you wanna smoke.
    of we know more about ya set uo space and stuff and what ya like it will be easier to suggest something.

also theres a uk growers unite thread should come over and say hi loads of great growers over there :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. i love autos i have auto help thread but id deffo go photo to start as saod mess up and you can pull it back mess an auto up and it can mess with the final.yeild negitively.

sonce ya uk get some plant magic soil best soil ive had mix in 25% perlite and 25% ewc and youll have some lovely plants :)

15. vault seeds uk is a great seed bank mate or alibongos another good one and uk based so quick delivery

16. F
    Thanks man I will have a look on those seed vendors right away. I have decided I'm going to go for
    1X GROW TENT ROOM XL DOUBLE HEATSTOP MYLAR SILVER

Size 1.2mx1.2mx2.0m
    1 X 600 WATT HPS LAMP

1 X 600 WATT LIGHT SHADE

1 X 600 WATT POWER PACK

FAN AND CARBON KIT

1 X 4"TT100 FAN

1 X CARBON FILTER

4X 16L RHIZOPOT

I'm really wanting to try white widow auto I know I've been adviced to go for photo but I think with a bit more research it's possible for me to do!

Told ghe nuets are ideal also for these

• Like Like x 1
  17. if ya going soil i can reccoment plant magic soil an nutes enough i grow mine in it and its a decent price heres a few o mone don in pm soil [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. how much is that tt a 100mm fan i think will struggle with a 600w id be looking a a 5 or 6 inch systemair fan

19. Wow they are some lovely plants! What do you think of the white widow autos? Would my set up be enough for 4 females to thrive? Thanks I will look into that plant magic soil.

20. Yeah I think your right do you think I would be better with a tower fan?