Type of soil and nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XxGanjaSmoker420xX, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Hey blades I've been asking a lot of questions on here before I get started with my grow so another one of my questions is what type of soil should I use? What is the best that you guys have used because I was thinking of buying pro-mix bx BioFungicide+Mycorrhizae. Then for the nutrients I was gonna get the fox farm dirty dozen pack. So please respond and help me out before I order all my stuff thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. go organic, mix a good soil with all the ammendments the plant needs and stop supporting shit companies like fox farm...

#getoffthebottle

3. #3 lotek590, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    16 qts epsoma potting mix
    8 qts perlite
    8 qts vermiculite
    5 cups tomato tone
    1 cup kelp meal
    1 cup alfalfa meal

after you plant you will need to add water

4. Follow Bluejay's No-till recipe. BAM. Can be found in the "no-till gardening" sticky.

Bham

5. Check out your local nursery or garden center first! I'm not talking osh or Home Depot, but like family owned, nothing but flowers and dirt and stuff that goes in dirt. Came across some really good compost that had mychorizzae fungi, bat guano, chicken manure and all other types of good stuff mixed into one! About a week in and my girls are thriving this far.

And it's generally cheap. Like under 20$ for 3.5 cubic feet.

6. Go under the organic section here and there's some really good sections on what to get and how to mix it!

7. I already have 2, 5 gallon pots of organic soil I made I wanted to make sure that they work and not waste my money

8. if you already have good organic mix then definitely dont go feeding stuff like FF, that would be counterproductive IMO

9. [quote name="Jimmy Carter" post="21290195" timestamp="1423362959"]if you already have good organic mix then definitely dont go feeding stuff like FF, that would be counterproductive IMO[/quote/]

I know what I mean is I wanna see if if this organic mix works well compared to me using FF nutes with that pro bx soil Cuz I don't have the money to make another 2 batches of that organic stuff

10. Okay then that makes sense. Be sure to make teas and stuff, definitely helps

11. Okay I will but what are some good tea recipes?