Type of Foam and tips on construction for Water-Pipe protective case

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Blazed Chillist, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Good Evening everybody, or rather good morning, it's 2:35. Oops, I'm currently so high I couldn't remember the name of this website. Anyways, that explains my consistent struggle to find a result for my question: What kind of foam do they use in those brand new vape boxes to hold the delicate components in place, or for high-tech camera equipment coming fresh out of the box? I, just today actually, acquired a Gravlabs Helix Flared base Fixed down stem pipe, and woah. I want to cut out a foam insert so I can protect and cherish this thing whenever it isn't busy whirling up trouble (Sorry I had to). I got a combination lockbox from Walmart and created a 3-d printer design to hold the water pipe in place, with empty slots for foam inserts that it would hold in place inside the lockbox and spots for my grinder and lighters and such. So far, I've only been able to find the type of foam they use in gun cases, which is much more spongey than I would like, I'm searching more for the harder type of foam that will absorb impact, but keep a firm shape so it will hold the pipe in place. If anyone has any idea, let me know, and if anybody would want any pictures or posts regarding the project for inspiration of home-created sets let me know!

2. #2 Deleted member 1100886, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2020
    X, i put million dollar equipment in to those pelican cases with the same foam and have dropped them well over 20' and no issues, i am sure you $100 bong will be just fine in it.

Take it easy - ICGreen