Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Type 1 Diabetic

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gapcool1, May 27, 2013.

1. I'm a type 1 diabetic and was diagnosed when I was 23 months old. I've always wondered if marijuana has any affects on a type 1 diabetic. So I'm asking grass city because everything on Google always links to type 2 diabetes. Thanks and happy tokin'!

Sent from my XT901 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ive never though weed could help diabetes of either type but ill sub for some knowledge bomb that will surely be dropped soon

3. I don't particularly think there would be much interaction between THC and any symptoms of being a Type I Diabetic.

One worry, however, is that since diabetes is a huge causal factor in many kidney failure cases, so you may end up needing a transplant down the road.  Hospitals have very tight restrictions on drug use in transplant recipients, because they want to ensure that their transplant operations are as successful as possible.

I'm sure Granny will have some great info on this.

4. #4 solidguitar77, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    I know a few people with type 1 diabetes, that smoke every so often and they haven't had any problems so far.  

5. ya man one of my best friends is a type one diabetic and he blazes all the time with me he just makes sure his sugar number thing is right constantly better safe then sorry