Tye dye.. Second go at It..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ChemiStoner, Aug 9, 2015.

1. #1 ChemiStoner, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
    My wife and I got into tye dyeing a month or so ago.. We did the common simple swirl design and it went great! I'm hooked. Yesterday I did a mushroom design. I let it set for 24 hours... I was obsessing. I figured my shirt would turn out like shit.. And all that..

wa la. Took a sneak peak.. And here it is. The second time I have down tye dye..

What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439110758.268234.jpg

2. Anyone got any tips or tricks? Any other cool designs to try?

3. nice mushroom
    But I didn't like the green at the bottom, it looks weird
    And I'd advise you to use more yellow, make it crazier

4. get some intense purple and yellow up in there

5. I love it! I don't have any tye dye clothing currently but I really wanna start wearing it. Gives a really positive vibe. But keep it up dude!

6. #6 Deleted member 42976, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    cool. I haven't made tie-dye stuff since I was a kid. Might have to make some shirts sometime soon. one of my friends mentioned it recently.

7. Last time I made tye dye I was in highschool, class project and I forgot my t shirt, so I took of my socks and dyed those haha, although had to wear my shoes barefoot all day. Cheers bro! Looks cool

8. whaaaaaat i love the green at the bottom it compiliments the blue and the mushroom! lol i would let you make me a shirt any day! :D

9. Wow that looks amazing, I was never really into tye dyeing but my family really was. I've heard that the best way to get colors to set tho is to let it dry completely and before you wash it with anything, dry iron it.

I'd recommend just trying it on a regular one first (not one that awesome XD) because I don't remember how well it worked exactly.

10. Make a tie dye of Cheech and Chong.

11. Never owned or made one.
    Prolly never will either. Well unless someone gifts me one lol