Two sick plants, 5th week flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by heartbeating, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Afternoon GC,
    Two Northern Lights x Shiva ladies in about their 5th-6th week of flowering is the topic of discussion. They're in a 10inchx5inch planter with Miracle Gro 2 month time release soil.
    I know, the size for the two is too small and the soil is terrible-ass time release. If they were my girls from the get go, you can bet their habitat wouldn't be so terrible.
    The plants are growing under 5500K CFLs, probably about 200w (CFL rating, not incandescent) reaches them, though there is actually much more in the area. These two plants have atleast six CFLs only a few inches above them. Either way, the plants are growing pretty slowly with relatively small buds - but they're dense. :smoking:
    As far as watering is concerned, the soil gets about a gallon of Brita filtered tap water every 3 days. Up until about two weeks ago, I had been putting in one tablespoon of molasses OR Fox Farm nutrients based on their proprietary recommendation (half of whatever they suggested, though). Last week, I decided the pH was perhaps off, so I gave the plant about 1tbsp dolomite lime dissolved in its gallon of water. Since then, it's been getting just plain water. I only have a stick pH meter for the soil right now, and it is reading pretty much useless.. but it looks to be about 7.2 or so I would guess.
    So what's actually going on with this plant? Its older fan leaves (the biggest ones) died first, yellowing, crisping, browning, then falling off. It usually starts at the tips and travels down to the stem. Is there anything I can do to ensure this plant makes it through flowering fine?
    Also, I'll attach a couple more pics in the next post.

Thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. Here are the rest of the pics. Thanks all.

Attached Files:

3. Oh, I forgot to mention. The plants did not start to show these symptoms when I started using molasses or the fox farm. The leaves ocassionally died even during vegetative growth. The plants have always had very few leaves compared to other strains I've seen, but I've become alarmed at the rate of leaf loss during middle flowering.

4. your ph is a little hi should be 6.5 you should take them out of mg soil
    time release ferts may be burning her stop your fert for a week or so and see what happens

5. Sounds like the course of action I'm on presently. I havent fert'd in about a week and I plan to give them another couple of weeks before I consider ferting again. This late into the grow, is it still possible to switch soils? I would think it would stress the plant a lot at this point.

I'll give it another dose of lime next time she gets water to hopefully bring that pH a little lower still. Thanks for the info!