Two part post-bad luck and dealing with mom

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by greenbliss, Aug 24, 2009.

1. I have had the worst luck recently, and dont even know how these things are happening. It all started with me losing my cell phone a few weeks ago. I tore up my whole room looking for it (it had to be there, last place I remember having it) and never found it. There was a place I was sure it was located in, but it ended up not being there. Then I lost a pack of cigs, halfway through the pack, and once again, no explanation of where it went. Next my laptop that I got for my birthday (july 21) ended up with a big crack on the screen, and all this purple shit eminating from the cracks (using it now, still usable but lines crossing several parts of the screen). Finally last night, I couldnt find my keys for about six hours, then finally I found them in my back pocket.

Which takes me to the part of my mom: I called my mom to pick me up at my friends house in the morning after not being able to find keys. I tell her what happens and this is the convo:

me: mom, can you pick me up at ________'s house, I lost my keys
    mom: (asks me a bunch of questions about my friend and criticized me and my friend) then says: you are so irreponsbile, were you drunk?
    me: no (the truth)
    mom: were you stoned?
    me: no (also the truth, but thinking to self does she think every mistake I make is from intoxication)

then she yells at me some more, but agrees to pick me up, 10 minutes later I call her back and told her I found the keys

About a week ago though, right as she got up she stood next to my closed door and yelled across the house to my brother at the other end of the upstairs about 120 feet away, "I found out some more stuff about how bad marijuana is" Then they proceed to have a conversation about how bad weed is, just so I will hear it since I have no choice but to overhear it because of how the conversation is being conducted :mad:. My mom I guess is too much of a coward to talk to me directly about her concerns of me smoking pot. Oh and SURPRISE the "new" information she gave was old bullshit propaganda I have heard more times than I can count.

Anyway, I wanted to vent about those things, but am also wondering about what kind of bad luck stories you have had, or your ideas on what my mom said. I only have to deal with this for about another month, until I go to school (which ironically my mom chose for me but has a huge weed rep), but still irritated at her.

2. time to cut the umbilical cord.

g/l :cool:

3. This, also /thread.
    Your brother probably took your shit. Lock your door.

4. You could try putting together of a package of a package of actual marijuana info in case she confronts you. On the last page you could put some message about how you think she'll probably going ignore the information you've given her.

And next time her and your brother are having an annoying conversation tell them to go have it somewhere else, you're trying to do shit and you don't need them yelling.

5. hey man, my mom was a bitch too
    but its her house, just put up with her shit until you move out.
    thats when the real fun times begin to take hold.
    but at the same time you have to be responsible and handle things on your own.
    trust me man, shes just trying to help you.

6. Make her watch The Union.

/thread