Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Twitching =/

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Aush, Jan 12, 2010.

1. So.... I just started smoking and the last 2 out of 3 times I smoked, I had these muscle twitches. I have been looking it up online and on this forum =], and apparently it is pretty common, so I am not really worried about that. What I am worried about however, is that I have been having little leg twitches since I smoked last (5 days ago). The catch, however, is that it ONLY happens when I am laying down relaxed, like now where I'm on my bed on my laptop, and ONLY when I am thinking or talking about weed and my anxiousness of the twitches... Lol, so it's pretty finite. Like, I said it only happens when I have weed on my mind, and I'm relaxed laying down (IDK). It doesn't really matter to me as long as I don't have a problem, its not a nuisance or anything.. its just w/e.

Forgot to ask question... is this a problem?

Thanks!

2. that happened to me a lot when I first started smoking, it's either an effect of cartain weed strains or an effect that goes away with tollerence.

3. Just wait a little while. You said it's been five days right? Well just wait and see if it goes away. I get twitches when I KNOW I'm going to smoke. :) But I dismiss it as "I'm fuckin excited to blaze" But like I said just wait it out and see. as long as its not affecting your everyday life.

4. Dude, this is a crazy question haha.

5. I know it's crazy, but it's scaring me. I just want to enjoy mj and not have to be worried about it lol. The twitches really aren't that bad, if anything there kind of cool and unique. ROFL, I don't know. I just want to make sure I'm like not like developing some serious syndrome or disease or some shit. I've never heard of mj doing that, so i'm not toooo worried, but I want to be sure. =P

6. Would it happen even after you were done being high? Like, not only when you were, but afterwards too. LOL

7. weneva i smoke really dank bud my thighs like tremble when im sittin around. i used 2 b like "wtf" but now i dont really wrry about it. u should be cool.

8. I have tourettes syndrom and latily my parents gave me pot because they saw that it was the best medicine for me atm. i know thats a hard decition for them to make, strickt laws here. anyway, the thing is smokng doesnt instantly take my twitches away (shaking head, tense neck), it takes about 1-2 days before the twitches are gone. so my shaking will go away the first couple of hours when i'm stoned, then come back for 24hrs and then go away again. I don't really know if this relates to ur story, thought i'd share.

But yeah, i also twitch sometimes while high. Acctually my best tip is to not lay complitely still on the sofa, eat some food and watch tv etc.. don't concentrate on the twitches
    good luck bro :)

9. I remember having this happen after I'd get done getting super blazed. It use to worry me as well, but eventually it stopped....or I just don't notice it anymore. I wouldn't worry too much about it bro.

10. it's called the runz and it's not bad for your health, just stay calm move positions here and there get comfortable its usual.

11. It happens to me all the time when I'm super, super blazed. As PrettyLit said, keep moving around (I walk a lot) and it won't happen.

12. I twitch all the time, but most of my friends do as well so it's not as much of an eye sore when I do it around a bunch of people.

13. Ah :smoking: A while back I decided to go on a bender, smoked about a pound in a week to myself, wasn't a minute of the day where I wasn't blasted. Towards the end of my binge I starting having those leg twitches, I found it funny to be honest. They lasted about a week after my binge. I think it just has to run it's way through your blood stream and it'll stop soon.

14. Alright, thanks guys, I just wanted to make sureee. I'm blazing again Friday, so we will see what happens.. but it doesn't really matter. Thanks for all the help/advice.

15. I doubt weed and the twitching are related. Sounds like your just freaking out about the coincidence.

16. the same exact thing happens to me, i only got blazed a few times but every time i did as soon as i started to think about twitching or tried to sit still i would start twitching like crazy i know another guy who just dances the entire time he is high and he can't control that so i am not to worried about twitching

17. It goes away after a while

18. My hypothesis on this is that your muscles are relaxing, and are letting loose. THAT or you're very sensitive to movements, so you may feel a lot more details to yourself.

19. I'm normally a slightly anxious person and I noticed the same thing the first couple times I smoked. Maybe it had something to do with my muscles trying to relax as much as they were trying to. Maybe it was completely unrelated.

Either way they went away after I started smoking on the daily and got used to it. You'll be alright bro.

20. I also noticed I was twitching my first few times smoking, but I think it's pretty much gone now.