Twisting Leaf Tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by moviefn1, Aug 2, 2010.

1. The tips of my SLH plant have began to twist, newer leaves worse than older leaves. The plant is very green and no other sign of leaf damage, burn, or discoloration. Is this something to be concerned about? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. It would help to list all the nutes and additives you are using. Also note the PH of the run-off from soil and type of soil used.

3. Using Jacks Classic 20-20-20, with FF ocean forest soil. Ph from the run off was around 6.8 the last time it was checked.

4. That fert might be a little too potent. I think you should look into something a little milder or feed at about half dose.

5. I actually havent used over a half a dose from the beginning and I dont fertilize everytime I water because I feared that I might be overfertilizing.

6. Do the leaves look too dark? The bottom row of leaves wilted and died, the new bottom row are now lighter than the rest. I would think this would mean over fertilizing, right?

7. From what I can tell from the pics only the top leaves are affected. How close are they to your light and what type of light are you using? How are the temps in the room? Does it exceed 90 degrees?

8. it could be light stress, ensure your room is totally light proof.

9. what the temps in there

10. Im using 6 40 watt cfls. The temp is around mid 80's usually. They are over 6 inches away from the lights The one concern that I had was light stress, burnaby. I have a pc fan running constantly to pull air through my grower but it has led lights on it, I wasnt sure if it was putting off enough light to actually affect the plants as its very dull light. Could that be part of the issue?

11. leaf curl like that is a symptom of light stress. paint the LEDs black with a few coats of black nail polish, if the leaf dont start growing straight them we've solved your problem.

12. People Veg with 24 hour light periods. There is no way a tiny little LED on a PC fan is going to stress out the plant in Veg.

13. Agreed. I personally grow 18/6 for a vegetative state. The dark cycle isn't necessary in vegetative state (whether it is beneficial is another topic) so tiny tiny amounts of light during dark cycke are insignificant.

The curling is most likely a combination of heat andl ight intensity. Shouldn't hinder new growth too bad.