Twisting, deformed leaves (pics attached)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by anticrom, Feb 3, 2016.

1. I have three different strains. For the plants in flower I'm using 5 gallon buckets, B'Cuzz mix, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom Ph Perfect (currently about 700-800ppm). Temps are 70s at night and ~84 during the day. RH is ~30%. The Exodus Cheese strain seems to be the worst with many leaves starting to twist as soon as they pop out. The other strains are experiencing slightly twisted leaves and 1, 2, 4 blades and other odd growths. You can also see some of the browning occuring on the leaves, although the twisting is more alarming to me as I've never encountered this before.

The veg plants are getting Sensi Grow Ph Perfect and are starting to get twisted leaves as well. Any idea whats going on here?

A couple ideas:
    MY B'Cuzz mix has been open and sitting next to shitty Miracle grow, so maybe some type of pest?
    Humidity is kind of low (~30%), but I dont think that would be the sol cause of the twisting and other deficiencies.
    Something with the water? I'm in a new area and maybe theres too much chlorine or something?
    Something wrong with the advanced Ph Perfect nutes? I've used them beofre with lots of succcess so IDK whats up.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Temps are high RH is too low. RH should be at least 50% in veg 60% is better IMO. What's the ph and ppm of plain tap?

3. Also RH plays a big role, the leaves are covered in stomata which help take in co2 and aide in photosynthesis.

4. Yea I've been struggling to get RH higher. All I have is a vics vaporizer that I've been filling once a day and I leave bucket of water out to evaporate. ppm of tap is about 160-180 and ph is close to 7, the county website says the water is on the hard side.

I'm gona put out a couple more containers of water and see if i can get up above 40%., Do you think low humidity would cause twisting like that? I cant find any other threads with twisting

5. Gosh. Those look pretty rough. Your temps are getting too high and the humidity isn't right, but I've never had one do that just because of temps in the 80s and the humidity being off. How close do you have those lights to the plants? Could they be getting burned from that? What kind of water are you using and are you measuring and adjusting the pH range before you give it. Don't go by what the county website says. You have to test it yourself and it will vary over time. Mine can be as much as 4 to 5 points different at any given time. If you've not properly managed the pH of water/feeds, your roots are locked up and the plant can't take in any nutrients which would create deficiencies. Also, using filtered water or RO water takes out valuable micronutrients which the plant needs to thrive. Tap water is fine as long as it's pH'd to the correct range (6.3 to 6.7 for soil grows). TWW

6. Thanks for the help. I'm using tap water that comes out at about 7pm and 170ppm. I'm using Advanced Nutes Ph Perfect which has worked well for me in the past, The light is vented and is at least 8-12" above, but maybe I'll try raising a little bit just in case.

7. Anybody have experience with Broad Mites? I heard a rumor that they may cause leaves to twist

8. I've had those same issues..it was all due to low RH. I bought a lil cheap humidifier and that was no real help. Finally bought a large honeywell on amazon for $70. Prob solved. I had the circular leaves, droopy bottom leaves (looking thirsty even when watered) , and symptoms that looked like deficiencies. All humidty related. I'm running a steady 45-50% now and don't have the issues. Good luck

9. That's good to hear! I'm surprised I couldn't find more online about low RH issues. I added a couple containers of water and I've been able to keep RH at 40-50%. Hopefully I'll start noticing a difference. I guess I should look into purchasing a real humidifier. Thanks for your input!