Twin Purple Suns over a little dirt patch aka GLH 290(x2) by MtHigh.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MtHigh, May 6, 2011.

1. Exactly ;)

2. I believe one of the main reason's white LED's were never tried was they were costly and very inefficient til recently. For mainstream lighting (light bulbs, etc.) they have been working frantically on "white", tricolor LED's...red/blue/green...so only the green is technically less usable...but the frequency mixing guarantees that most inner frequencies have some small amount of coverage...this grow should let us know one way or the other either way though...Mike says they work great.

3. Nice are darkstars any good? 240Watt. I found a complete grow system and I think I might get it but its like 2k

4. I really don't know LED companies brother, was a HPS person before these lights were offered to me to test them out.

But a truism I generally follow is you get what you pay for. If it seems like a great deal...something is cheap and it is usually the high dollar item...people are sneaky devils. :devious:

5. #105 Ford, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    true man. My piggy bank was filling up and then my brother went to jail so its gone now. LOL I have to start over

6. That sucks Ford, hope your brother is gonna be OK.

I ended up harvesting my girls and they ended up giving less than half what I usually grow with my HPS. Is disappointing but expected this about half way through bloom, I know what my girls do and these just were not up to it.

I am hoping the new LED's that were sent to replace these perform better.

Here are few photo's of the chop. This was my Cheese all the way to the first box picture just to show the layers in the box.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was just Cheese
    [​IMG]

And this is all three girls.
    [​IMG]

Hope you all enjoyed my journal...wasn't a lot of response but the few that read it, I hope you enjoyed.

Please move this to completed please.

7. Yeah my Bros going to be fine, happy harvest!!! When's the next grow

8. [​IMG]

9. Starting today brother!!! Putting a 56 day harvest in (Big Buddha Cheese) with a 63 day harvest (Mr. Nice) and in a week I am putting in a 70 day harvest (technically my Super Lemon Haze is 63 days but am gonna push her to see the difference in highs) and two weeks after that another 63 day harvest...getting my perpetual going again!

The first two girls are gonna get a couple days of veg to acclimatize to their fresh transplants and re-orient to these lights then the 12/12 switch. They are more than ready.

This is a picture that looks a bit more like they do with my eyes versus the camera...this is a photo adjustment setting on the camera.
    [​IMG]

And this is what the camera sees without adjustment so probably what the plant sees too.
    [​IMG]

These plans are all based on these lights performing as promised.

Thanks brother for the good vibes this journal.

You too bro, I appreciate that you guys came by to visit.

10. Sweet cant Wait LOL

11. Any news MT?

12. Well the new lights were causing similar issues to the previous model, so I have them on hold, I threw my 600W HPS back up until further notice.

I started them for 9 days under the LED's and ended up pulling my Cheese out of the closet the growth was so poor to re-veg her for a monster Cheese later. My Miss Nice stayed in and has fully recovered from the issue (whatever it was).

:D

Yeah brother, just poking along in my grow again now...here is a shot of my Miss Nice on day 14 (two days ago) of 12/12.
    [​IMG]

And here are a couple tops yesterday at day 15 of 12/12.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Cool man thought you was going to quit updating :(

14. really inspiring thread you got here mthigh!

Is that kings kush you grew out by GHS? regardless, youve persuaded me that I will pop my kings kush bean for my next run

15. Beeze asked...but is probably my last update, if I do journal here, I will start a new one. :D

Yeah, it was from Green House and I am gonna give her a go under HPS this time and see if it will yield for me, I actually really like the smoke...is a nice calm Indica and the flavor is a nice mellow OG Kush flavor (sweeter maybe, been a while since I smoked OG).

Peace

16. Just link me up

17. nice harvest bro!! iv been watching this from the start i love a good l.e.d grow,but as u said thers still some adjustments for l.e.d to replace HPS i'll be watching this next one :)

18. Thanks brother...these LED's are tuned for grows with more head room I think. That is the premise I am working on right now. I built a 3' x 4' x 7' PVC and Pandafilm tent and have 1 of the Spectra 290's hanging at 3 1/2 ft above the canopy and I just started bloom...veg went pretty well.

Here is a shot of them yesterday.
    [​IMG]

This was their first day in the new tent 17 days ago under the single 290 Spectra hanging at the top of the tent...plants were at around 3-4 feet and showed signs of bleaching so were moved to the ground shortly after this to be at 4'+ away from light to harden off and as you can see they aren't stretching into the light. Not sure what to think.
    [​IMG]

Peace