After finally clearing all the refuse (600W HPS) and weeds (Blue Cheese) out of my little dirt patch (a bedroom closet where I grow in something akin to Super Soil) I was able to install the Twin Purple Sun generators (GLH Spectra 290's) over the field that was freshly plowed (thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed closet). The chore was tiring for this aging, broken body...but was much aided by the medicine grown secretly in my little dirt patch (buzzed as I write this if you can't tell ). Am hoping the scavenged alien technology (GLH Spectra 290's) will aid me in growing more of my special medicines than ever. (Big Buddha Cheese and Super Lemon Haze) Onto a more serious note. I am gonna do my best to test the effectiveness of using two of GLH's Spectra 290's to replace and hopefully improve the penetration and yield from the same 600 watts I normally would use from a single HPS light. From all the grows I am seeing I believe added frostiness will be a given, but lets see if it translates to weight too. I am hopeful, these lights are so bright as to be dizzying within seconds without dark glasses and after a short time even with them on. I am gonna try to keep as many variable the same as my last few grows of these strains just for consistency sake, what I have been doing has been working pretty well. I use a Super Soil of my own mix with some inexpensive Time Release nutrients added for fuel in stretch. I will be using 4 gallons pots with one exception...my single 5 gallon pot I grew my last Cheese in. This is a personal test to see how much difference pot size makes to yield. I am growing 2 x Big Buddha Cheese (8th generation clone I believe) and 1 x Super Lemon Haze (6th or 7th generation clone, not sure) as I am very familiar with these girls and know they are stable and know they like my nutrient schedule. I upcan from beer cup through 3 more sizes to reach their final pot to create a finer root system. The clones I just put under a single Spectra 3 days ago are a few days in their cup in the cloner to help them root a bit before fighting my extremely dry climate (minimize the number of shocks at one time)..been 16% humidity regularly lately. I will do my best to answer questions but as far as technical info goes...I got the lights, chains and power cords...nothing else. Those would better be directed to Mike. Maybe someday he will make an appearance in this thread and give the current technical specs on the lights I have. All I know is they are very bright and put out a fair amount of heat but no where is really hot that you can touch. On to the pictures for those of you who dislike reading and will cuss me out regularly for my long posts.... I won't put up too many pink pictures...my Canon can compensate and get rid of the pink...unfortunately the lights have little or no green in them so they look dark colored in the adjusted pics. Here are the clones I am using unadjusted in full pink light. And my camera can adjust for the color and walla...almost normal looking. And here they are today (3 days later almost). Thought I would show you my last two pre-harvest pics to let you know what I am hoping these lights will improve on. My Super Lemon Haze. And My Big Buddha Cheese. I hope you all enjoy my journal. I love taking pictures and hope ya'll don't mind me posting a few.