Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

turrets and mmj

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Deck-ter, May 25, 2010.

1. I dont live in a mmj state but im just curious I have turrets and it makes my eyes twitch when I think and when I smoke it stops my eyes from twitching for the rest of the day... but anyway I was wondering if they perscribe mmj for turrets in cali or any other mmj states..

2. Yes, tourettes would qualify under CA law as a condition treatable by cannabis. However, you'd have to move here and prove residence for the appointment.

3. These may interest you (and you could always send them anonymously to your doctor ;))

Effective treatment of Tourette's syndrome with marijuana. (abst - 1993)
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Cannabinoids: possible role in patho-physiology and therapy of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. (abst - 1998)

Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol
    (letter - 1999)
    Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol -- MÃœLLER-VAHL et al. 156 (3): 495 -- Am J Psychiatry

Treatment of Tourette's syndrome with Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): a randomized crossover trial. (abst - 2002)

Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is effective in the treatment of tics in Tourette syndrome: a 6-week randomized trial. (abst - 2003)

Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is effective in the treatment of tics in Tourette syndrome: a 6-week randomized trial. (abst - 2003)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Cannabinoids reduce symptoms of Tourette's syndrome. (abst - 2003)
    Cannabinoids reduce symptoms of Tourette's syndrom... [Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2003] - PubMed result

A New Use for Medical Marijuana? (news - 2010)
    Experts Answer Questions About Health and Medicine - Consults Blog - NYTimes.com

Granny :wave: