Turning your Bud purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PoweradeBong, May 16, 2008.

1. I've been hearing that you can turn your buds purple by giving the plant a coldspell sometime in its early flowering stage, someone on this forum said it somewhere but I would like to know if this is fact or fiction and how do you go about doing it?

2. you let it get cold the last couple nights before you harvest. 40 degrees F would be good enough.

not all plants react the same tho. some get more blue or darker green. but most get at least a bit purple

3. yes that is true.. cold weather can turn a plant different colors. But also there is a nute out i believe called Phosphoload i saw at my local hydro, Claiming to turn buds purple. Check it out

4. my last grow i had 4 125 w bulbs(2 white spec and 2 red spec) and 4 big bud plants the 2 plants that were under the red spec had purple in them and the 2 plants that were under blue spec were whiter maybe coincidence but.....they u go

5. any temps below 50f will cause the chlorophil to change colors, there is also a product called purplemaxx thats supposed to do this. ive also read that a few days b4 harvest to pour ice cold water in the soil a few times a day & keep the plants as cold as possible will acheive the same

6. you can also turn your bud purple by mixing in some purple food dye to your water and then watering it when the plant is flowering

it wont increase the potency or anything, but it will make the bud look more purple

7. Who cares about trying to turn your bud purple that's pointless. How about if you want some purple weed get some weed that has purple genetics and let it turn purple on its own. Cold temps with fringe the leaves purple but that's just stressing your plant. I know a guy who waters his plants the last few weeks of flowering with ice water and it turns it purple but it doesn't increase the potency, if anything it decreases the potency. Purple weed is not that amazing don't wet your pants over it. Not trying to be a douch but don't waste your time trying to turn your plants purple.

8. Have you jus made that up Orange ?

9. no its true. my mom used to be a pretty serious gardener and she confirmed it. apparently a lot of nurseries do it with flowers in order to make them look better/more colorful

but like i said, it only makes it look purple, it doesnt increase THC

10. ach, i aint even bothered that i aint read this thread at all.... ... i'm just sayin... someone has bound to have mentioned cold by now right? (n certain strains being more predisposed to it too right?.....)

yeah, bound to have.

i likely wont be around this way again. :D

11. No shit I was just wondering...Don't judge me as a dumbass and I wont judge you as a douche...think about it.

12. I have also heard from a lot of people that food dye will make it change colors...

13. I swear it has to have a certain pigment in it originally then be exposed to cold nights to let the chlorophyl break down.

14. this thread is well over a year old.

i think he harvested by now

/thread

15. if not he surely has by now

• Funny Funny x 3