Turning wax to shatter help/tips and trick please

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Logixxxman, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Hey guys I have a few questions and I am in need of some assistance from someone who is experienced with shatter making. To start off, here's a little info on what my goal is. I have pounds of bud from a grower medical dispensary. It's all top shelf quality, except he let it overgrow for a week and it changed around 20-30% of the buds. That small percentage of buds all have small areas of brownish/orange patches.
    I have a buddy who makes pretty fire wax/shatter. He has consistently given me shatter that was pretty good except it was made from trim. I posted a picture of it below. Then he makes really fire honeycomb. It is all made from trim. Is it possible for him to run my bud for me and get a better quality hash and possibly a much higher yield? Also will the quality of the bud transform it into a much better quality of hash since he won't be using trim? Any advice is appreciated. I added a few extra pictures of wax he's made. Let me know what you think any criticism is accepted and disrespect will be reported though.

Attached Files:

2. #2 ♥ TrAin x Wr3cK ♥, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    Im sure somebody with more knowledge than me will answer this, but from what ive been reading..........Yeah you will get better quality hash for sure, and a better yield....if its done right.

You should get more of a yellowish golden color as well when using Buds, compared to darker w trim. And dont mix the two.......trim and buds.....or else youll get some black goop.

And if you want shatter with flavor, Keep it preferably 100-115F, dont let it go over 120 if possible.

Anybody please correct me if im wrong......

3. Thanks for your information much appreciated. Anybody else know anything?