turning indoor plants purple

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BDubBud, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I recently, well within the last few months have started a little sea of green indoors. everything is going really really good considering its my first grow, but i've been experimenting with turning indoor buds/plants a little purple without putting them outside, or anything. i've taken i couple clones and sprayed them lightely with air duster, which because of the very cold compressed air which comes out of the bottle actually freezes the buds/trim leaves and turns them a little purple. actually it turned them i little more then a little, but it seems to work. i've done this right before harvest so that it does not mess with the budding, or harm the flowers, and also does not seem to affect the smell or taste to much. HAS ANYONE else tried this, or has anyone ever done something other than this that works well with turning buds purple before harvest???? i know getting a purple strain would be the best, but keep in mind that i have done my reseach, but any input, or help with this experiment would be very appreciated. thanks and peace to all that give peace to this earth.

2. I've heard from a few buddies throwing the buds in the freezer for a bit will produce a similar effect.

3. yeah, i've thought about that and also heard that too. do you know how long he put them into the freezer for exactly??? i've thought about throwing em' in there for like 5 .... maybe 10 minutes, but i donno ...... once again id appreciate the input. thanks

4. Just out of curiosity, why do you want the plant to be purple? You know the plants you see pics of that are purple are usually because they have that trait in the genetics, not because someone altered the plant. If you want some buds that are purple, search seed banks for strains that turn purple on their own.

5. Yeah some good purple gens would be a good start, hmm im not sure about the air duster but is there any way you can just bring down the temp to about 67F?

6. as a grower i would not do something to modify the buds other than alter the grow temp... for instance i would not spray anything on the buds. not sure about freezing... havent done it yet.

7. The air dusters for keyboards and shit?

If so, gross.

8. I find purple to be a very appealing color, but never has it actually improved the quality of the smoke. I would say it isnt desirable, rather a neutral cosmetic characteristic.

9. I disagree to an extent... In my experience smoking gods grass I tend to notice a more fruity and sweet taste with "naturally" purple strains. Purple kush, Black Domina, GDP.... All these seem more exotic and flavorfull carrying the traits in taste that i mentioned earlier. The deeper the color, the more flavor abundance in my opinion. Purples are my favorite smoke to grow and burn. The rare ones are great to come by. Living in the hills of NorCal i run into a new flavor on occasion and its always a delight. Right now im smoking on some "Jodies Delight." Its like a little bag of heaven. :smoke:

10. Hmmmmm have u been huffing the air duster also??:hippie:

11. #11 BDubBud, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    you a complete dumbass...... if you had read the original post i made you would see i know that getting a purple strain is the best. here in the MO people r stupid and if its purple its what they want ... no matter what!\

Name calling is not tolerated here in the city,
    please be nice to fellow members.

Slinger

12. if you had read my post you all would know i know my shit. i just am working with a few dank bag seeds that are sativa and probably in the haze family, but turning them purple would make my end prod. fly off the shelf untill i can get sum beans that are of my choice. i've read about 10 books on the topic and have experience thru my uncle, which owns a dispensory in colorado. i know getting a purple strain is best. duh!!!! thanks for sum of the asshole remarks tho, but thanks also to the nice and respectful people. peace be to you.

13. exposing some strains to cooler air will cause them to purple when budding like northernlights and other strains, i've read that somewhere.:cool:

14. Wow dude, rage much?

Your spraying your plants with a chemical AIR DUSTER.

Should think before you start calling other people names, sir.

Oh, and I could care less what your Uncle "does".

15. #15 vegashaze, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    WOW is all i can say, so heres the skinny if you must do what you must do, but let me tell you first and foremost, YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE IMBEDDED GENETIC MAKE UP OF THE PLANT. PERIOD., how ever you can fool yourself and others that have no experience in this part of cultivation.

about the last 3-5 days maybe 6 but thats pushing it a bit, turn off the lights lower the temps as to mimic fall the plant will produce between 5%-20% ish more sugar, it will ripen the plant a ton, as there is some mother nature things at play here, so the last thing that will happen is leaves turn, amber,red,PURPLE ect,ect,. now this is a trait all plants and trees have, but it don't always work so good, if by chance you dont get your color and god i hope its not to bring up the value of your shit, cause that went out long ago., you can just do what they do in 3rd grade grape koolaid, bang purple plant.
    wtf kinda question is this., GL

why bother responding, if all you are going to do is bash, then dont resond

16. Are we still not aloud to call these fools trolls in here? :smoke:

17. fuck the cops who cares about that shit, this is called freedom of speech.
    and in my freedom of it, i say fuck the cops.
    good god,

18. ohhhh god damn iv been trolled by a newfag, damn it. That sucks.

19. i dont know about turning shit purple but heres what i do know about spraying your plants with airduster.

freezing the buds makes the trichs brittle i know this because i freeze my trim to get the trichs to break of easy for some hash.
    blowing them with compressed air will break off trichs?

anyways my advice making your plants turn purple will not increase the potency so why bother? i know you said for flavour but i have never read or heard anything about the colour improving flavour apart from strain the only thing ive heard to improve flavour is flushing with a good sugar producing nute/ cure. anyway im not saying what your doing is wrong or putting it down just my 2 cents

20. What this guy said. Just get a legit purple strain.