TSA Loudspeakers Threaten Travelers With Arrest For Joking About Security

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Meanwhile, at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston....

http://youtu.be/lkWPMeLSk6M

You all better just shut your damn mouths when at this airport or else! Your first amendment rights are not protected at airports and if you weren't aware of that then let this be an introduction to you. The authorities do not have a sense of humor so you better shut your damn mouth and fall in line. 

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-loudspeakers-threaten-travelers-with-arrest-for-joking-about-security/

http://youtu.be/YqrAYgzOuD8

For lolz, going to the TSA website will yield this banner, 

http://www.tsa.gov/

2. Come on man, you should be grateful for the TSA. They are keeping us all safe from the terrorists that hate our freedom. How dare you bite the hand that feeds :smoke:

3. What they are no doubt referring to is offhanded remarks and jokes about hijackings and bombs.  These rules are not new.  I remember a guy who was arrested in an airport circa 1975, for making a joke about having a bomb with him.   As long as there are idiots who will cause problems in airports, these measures will be in place.      

4. #5 Swills, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
    Without a doubt joking about a bomb will get you arrested & that's been around forever, as you've pointed out, & everyone is well aware of it, kinda like yelling fire in a theater or public venue. So you are correct there but this new TSA covers all joking and remarks made towards the TSA, especially in what they perceive is in a negative manner. This is all a direct response to the on going criticism of the TSA by travelers. 

5. The announcement did not specify all joking and remarks made towards the TSA.   It says, "You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest".   I think this is a reasonable measure. 

6. You do realize the TSA is security, right?

Think what you want Garrison, but most of us are well aware the bureaucrats and authority never use vague language in their laws/codes/rules to enforce their agenda's.... :rolleyes:

7. Keeping the airlines safe is extremely important.   They've probably had too many incidents with people making remarks and jokes that may or may not represent a threat, and want to cut down on it.    

8. #9 Swills, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2013
    Are you familar with all the TSA scandals? The TSA is not liked by many people, the YT videos alone will show you why, so they can and should expect resistance. 

9. Yes, of course I am aware of the TSA scandals, long lines and other hassles.  This is why we should try positive profiling at airports, as an alternative.  

10. Fucking insannnnnnnnnnnnnne what else is there to say

11. It really pains me to know that there are actually people that think like Garrison.

12. garrison reminds me of this quote.. "Those who would give up Essential Libertyto purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

13. I once accidently joked about a bomb on a plane. I was sitting next to this guy that looked a lot like morgan freeman and I had been reading this book by nelson demille where a plane blows up in flight, he read the synopsis on the back while i was reading it and said that was an odd choice of book for a flight, and I laughed and said something like yeah now its got me worried and looking around wondering what could be on this plane. Or something like, can't remember the exact words. Anyways he laughed and told me I shouldn't joke like that on a plane, or i could get into trouble. Its good the guy was a fellow human being and not a brainwashed tool of the state or I could have had some serious legal trouble. 

Anyways you have a much higher  chance of being killed by a cop then by a terrorist. People need to realize that in order to combat terrorism you must attack its causes not try to clean up the mess after the fact.