Trying to prep for outdoor grow season

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by austin., Feb 10, 2011.

1. it will be my first ever outdoors grow, and I've read the guide, but i still have some questions.
    1, Can I get by with watering it only like 3 times a week? I don't know if I could make the trek daily.
    2, How long on average does mid grade seeds flower? What are the signs to look for and when it does flower what do I do?
    3, I haven't grown before, but I have 2 dank seeds. Like Strawberry Kush seeds. Should I risk wasting them on my first ever grow?
    4, Are first grows usually successful? I don't want my plant to die.
    5, Do planes and stuff really fly over looking for weed plants? I'm only gunna do two, maybe 3 plants.
    6, How long on average is start to harvest time?

Thanks a bunch!
    Also, I looked at average last frost dates in my area, until average fall frost dates, and i have what appears to be this long to grow if that helps any 4/18-10/19

2. 1, Keep an eye on the weather reports. I watered my plants heavy when I knew I wouldnt be back to them in a few days. I gave them enough to hold them over. If it rains though then mother nature did your work for you!

2, Depends on what genetics the seed is. Sativa or more Indica, or both. Indica dominant plants flower earlier than some Sativa plants. You can't really tell until you have grown that strain successfully a few times.

3, Yes because they are probably just regular bag seeds that your dealer or friend told you were some crazy kush strain. If you aren't going to grow great dope then why risk it!

4, Your grow will be successful if you work hard to make it so. Last year was my first grow and everything went smooth! I got a lot of smoke that is still lasting me to this day!

5, Yes but a few plants wouldnt get their attention unless they are in the middle of the open. Choose your location well. My plants were close to the forest tree line but far enough away they got a lot of light. They were deep in the woods also.

6, Again it depends on your strain. I grew just a bunch of random seeds and they finished at different times. I started may 30th in the ground and finished around September. One of my plants lasted until November and I had to bring it indoors to finish her off!

I hope I helped you out a little! Ask around the forums for more advice and read up!! Good luck and if you start a grow journal I will definitely subscribe!

3. How will i know when its finished? and how will i know when its flowering or whatever? Annnnd, when will i know if its male or female and how do i detect this?
    Can someone post pics of those 3 things for me? A finished plant, a flowering plant, and a male/female plant?

Another question, can i cure it by just hanging the plant upside down in a dry barn or something? I dont really have any other means of curing.

4. read the stickies and search the forums. it has proven itself time, after time.

look at trichomes, and search for a good m/f post.(there are plenty of them on here)

5. sorry to not have searched everyone, just felt like i could log all my questions here.

If im out in the woods and can't see my plant every day or even other day will it still do fine?
    I'm really wanting to grow, but also very sketchy about possibly getting caught.