Trying To Make It Easier For Friend To Quit Cigarettes

Discussion in 'General' started by greenbliss, Aug 11, 2014.

1. My best friend is really trying to quit cigarettes, but I'm making it hard on him since I smoke too. My last time trying to quit was more bullshit than I feel like dealing with right now but my friend mainly only smokes them when I visit him and it's really hard for him to know I'm smoking and not to it himself. It's too hard for me to spend several hours with him without a cigarette so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Smoking weed as a substitute is not going to help as my friend is also trying to get a job so he doesn't need to see me doing that and be tempted to do that, plus I smoke more cigarettes when I'm high anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. This is why I fucking hate cigarette smokers and their problems they ALWAYS end up putting on other people. Spit on the dudes face every time he lights a cig, he'll either kick your ass or stop smoking around you, nothing you can do when he's by himself cause it's his choice.... 

3. Well I'm mainly the problem. He's usually able to not smoke but seeing me do it tempts him too much

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Spit on your own face everytime you light a cig?

5. I am currently quitting cigarettes as well, been 2 days. It is one of the hardest things ive had to do, yet. Why dont you get a vaporizer pen?

Roll Another One.

6. Not so much your problem is it? Does he want to smoke every time he sees someone smoking in the streets? If you smoke everytime you see someone else smoke, you have issues

7. #7 Judgement, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    yeah it is called being a cigarette smoker..

as far as the op.. why not quit too, your are making it almost impossible for your friend since it seems like yuh are together often.. , save your own life and stop worrying about your friend... and in the process you will help your friend also.

8. I am a cigarette smoker, but i dont smoke when i see others do it. I smoke alone as a way to break away from things for 5 minutes. I get that smelling a cigarette could be tempting but thats not really a good excuse

9. Yeah some people have a difficult time with self control.

10. it's just more tempting for a former smoker to smoke when around it, imo

...it's just an excuse though. as the poster above said, it's all about self control/will power/motivation/etc
    the guy should look into e-cigs if he feels the need to smoke that badly.

11. #11 Judgement, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    try quitting lol, you'll be smelling someone smoking a cigarette in a car passing you on a highway

12. If you don't give a shit about your own heath and only care about your friend quitting try chew when you're with him. Way more nicotine and it doesn't look appealing.

13. I do periodically take breaks, for a few weeks at a time and i just dont feel the need to smoke when i take these breaks. But everyones different so i get others will have a hard time with self control.

As for an alternative for smoking, a big part of the addiction to smoking is the hand to mouth motion, so finding something to substitute that can help

14. That's his problem. If he can't watch someone else smoke a cig without smoking one himself, then he obviously isn't ready to quit yet. Because that's one thing you're gonna have to deal with when you quit.

15. Ecig! :metal: Its how I quit and I fucking love the flavors. I smell like peaches and mangos instead of an ashtray. Walking fucking air freshener, yo. Much cheaper than smoking too.

16. Man. I got rdas, mods and sub ohm builds with like 30 flavour a and it still doesn't fulfill me like a cig does.
    I enjoy Vaping but it's not much of a help with quitting.

I do buy juices in only 0 nic tho.

17. Tell him about the positives of quiting he doesn't need negative reinforcement it does not really work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. E-cigs rock, my man & I moved on from tobacco a fair while ago, haven't looked back since. They are satisfying without making us feel like shit. We've got tobacco 'flavor' but I'd like to try another flav.

Seriously, e-cig. It's still got nicotine in it but we don't stink anymore!