Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to make cupcakes

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bluepoppy, Feb 13, 2019.

1. #1 Bluepoppy, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Hi! I'm going to make 12 cupcakes from scratch with 6g of platinum kush, that I'm going to try to make into canna oil. I'm not an experienced edible maker, although, I've made edibles and cannabutter before and the experience both times were different, but making oil scares me a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your best bet is to decarb your Kush at 240F for 40 minutes. You will get the most bang for your buck grinding the cannabis to powder and adding to your oil . Your seven grams at 20% potency= 1,400 mg. That would be over a 100 mg for each cupcake- very potent. I would estimate 75 % extraction if you make oil which brings the potency down to about 1000mg for your batch, still quite potent. If you decide to make oil I would combine the oil and cook with cannabis for ~ two hours, then strain and use. There will be goodness left in the mash, save as a base for your next batch. Good luck. Enjoy! Don't eat more than 1/2 cupcake at this potency until you know how it affects you. Making oil, especially Coconut oil, is not different from making butter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Here is my quick and dirty, go to edible recipe. All you need is ganja, a boxed brownie, cookie or cake and the desire to get baked off of amazing edibles.

1) decarb ganja. Pick the lumber out of the ganja but leave the bud chunky. Put it on foil and loosely close it up. Put it in a 240*F oven for 40 minutes. Then remove and let cool.

2) canna oil / butter. Put the decarbed ganja in a small glass cup. Use a spoon to grind the ganja into fluffy flour like consistency. Pick out any little stems or lumber you missed. Add the oil or butter the brownie recipe calls for. Mix the ground, decarbed ganja and oil / butter well and set aside.

3) make brownies. Add the ingredients and follow the brownie recipe. Bake as directed. Let cool. Enjoy. Its that simple.

Dosage. 7 grams of ganja divided into 12 brownies is a half of a gram of decarbed ganja per brownie, give or take. Most people find a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja in an edible to be pretty freakin potent. So go easy on your test brownie, eat half and wait 2 hours. Eat the other half if youre not buzzed like you want.

Decarbed ganja. Oven decarb stinks like ass. It will have your house smelling awful if your not carefull. Its why some of use use a toaster oven outside. More then that decarbed ganja should be completely dried out and crispy. It should be dark almost burnt looking. Its gonna smell funky as hell.

20190212_134026.jpg
    Decarbed ganja in all its funky stanky glory. Notice how dark it is. I used 7 grams of chemdog that was pretty green looking prior to the oven decarb.

20190212_181157.jpg
    Magically medicated brownies, redeay be eaten and enjoyed! They have a slight ganja taste but are freaking tasty!

Making amazing edibles. First off is a consistent decarb. Once you get a consistent decarb youll be making amazing edibles. Second is to cut them into even pieces for a consistant dose. Third is to be sure they arent to potent because it can make some people ill. They can always have another edible if they arent good and baked.

Enjoy and post back your results!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Making oil first is counterproductive because it wastes herb.
    I've made thousands of cookies using whole herb, and various strategies.
    The best method I've found is based on BrassNwood's recipes.
    (1) Decarb herb @ 240 F for 40 min.
    (2) Grind to fine powder.
    (3) Combine herb, roughly the same number of grams of lecithin liquid (exact amount immaterial), and the recipe oil (which can be any amount) into a heatable/freezable container.
    (4) Quickly pre-heat mixture to 220 F on a stove top, then bake at that temp for 20 min.
    (5) Freeze the mixture for a couple hours or so, then thaw.
    (6) Add the mixture to the recipe, then bake and use.
    This method leaves out the BrassNwood's second heating, which is assumed to be done during the cookie baking process. Otherwise it's pretty much the same.
    I make 10 g cookies, each of which contains 1/4 g herb, and taste no herb.

As Joker pointed out, 7 g herb will make 12 very potent brownies, so be careful.

Whole herb does bother some stomachs, but using it is much more potent than using strained oils.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Welcome to the City.
    Since the rest of the members have covered the basics of edibles I'll toss in a little math numbers and a little caution.
    1 gram = 1000 milligram. if your weed is say 15% THC then it's 150mg of THC per gram.
    Colorado state limits each edible to just 10mg.
    You can buy a 100mg chocolate bar but it'll be engraved so it snaps apart into 10 pieces.

I cover this again like Joker did as some users like my wife don't take much edible at all to get higher then is comfortable for them. 3 to 5 mg and she is good. 10-20 and she isn't having fun any longer. It's all to intense as she puts it.

Second part is how long the whole trip can last. 8 to 12 hours or longer. If it's a big dose some people don't come down for days and feel "funny" for a few more days. While rare you don't want to make anybody miserable for hours if the dose is way to much for them.

Now people like me need a 100mg just to get started and if I'm not high enough I'll have a few hits off the pipe as that'll kick start a low dose edible.

We try and start new edible users at around 10mg. Wait 2 full hours as it can take that long to fully take effect. If not stoned take 10mg more and wait 2 more hours. Repeat until as stoned as you want to be. Keep track of how many mg it took. Next time you'll know how many mg is a good place to start.

While slow this is the only really safe way to learn what your dose requirements are. If your making cup cakes expect people to eat a whole one and do your math and don't make them at 100mg each or your party may come to a screeching halt mid way.
    Make more of them and way weaker in strength. Even at 1/4 gram each they could be very potent if your Kush is good.
    Have Fun !! LOL I love edibles and have gone overboard more times then I can remember.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Here's the weed after being decarbed. It doesn't look brown 20190213_183806.jpg
    But here is the actual color it got. I thought I burned it too much. 20190213_184245.jpg 20190213_184255.jpg
    This is how it looked after I used the spoon and the strainer
    20190213_184912.jpg
    With the coconut oil:
    20190213_190432.jpg
    And the final product (I forgot to take pictures of the batter)
    IMG-20190213-WA0053.jpg

I took two bites from it and was very high for some hours. I'm not a heavy smoker or a regular smoker I like to have mellow highs and a cupcake can probably last me for more than once.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    BadKats thread is full of tasty things to create if your a cook.
    It is where the basic recipe for my own Hash capsules came from.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. this loooks like poop... im sorry but you have no idea what you are doing.
    all in information is wrong as well