Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to help my aunt

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Stoniecat, Mar 22, 2012.

1. So my aunt told me that she was diagnosed with a whole slew of things regarding her eyes. Glaucoma, cataracts, and ocular degeneration.

I really want to help her out and I know marijuana can help. Of course I wouldn't do anything with out her permission. But she has extremely delicate lungs. And I don't even think vaping work for her. She carries the tb virus (it's not active she just a carrier, and has been around a lot if caustic chemicals that messed with her lungs. bleach and the like.

I was thinking edibles might work. But I know that over doing it is easy. Any one have an idea on how to introduce her to this gently? I don't want to freak her. But I'm not sure if I'm heading in the right direction.

Any ideas?

2. Even though her lungs are delicate, a little Vape at first might be useful in helping to figure out what her tolerance level is before you jump right into edibles (I personally find them MUCH stronger than I first expected). Vaping really is very gentle, so she might do better with it than you think. I take it she's in agreement about trying mmj?

3. She is open to it but doesn't want to do anything resembling smoking. And I'm not sure she would go with vaping cause she would think its smoking. Even though I would explain it to her.

Would a ganja tea be mellow enough? Or like a lemon aid? I'm thinking mellow. Relaxing.

4. A tea might be the best way for her to go.

You do realize that Marijuana will help the Glaucoma but not the cataracts, which can be removed once they are "ripe".
    Ocular degeneration, the only thing I know about it is what I just read.
    Ocular Disease - What is age-related macular degeneration

5. #5 Stoniecat, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
    Ya, but if we can get the pressure lowered then maybe the other things can be staved off for a longer amount of time. The pressure won't aid the cataract in getting worse and it won't put more pressure on the vessels in the back of the eye.

The more I can help her out, the longer she can keep her sight. Every little bit helps.