Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to get started growing..PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jordanusn, May 14, 2016.

1. Hello Grasscity!I am a complete newbie to growing,and im also new to forums,so i hope im posting this correctly.OK,im wanting to do a small indoor grow and im trying to do it cheaply,ive been watching youtube videos and reading up a little on the subject,but there are sooooo many different techniques and methods,that my head is spinning.so i thought i would just ask some experienced people myself,here is what i have to work with a 36"x30"x9' bedroom closet to grow in,and i definitly want to just do a soil grow my first time..I also have purchased a MARSHYDRO300w LED light.i also bought 5 autoflower northern lights seeds and 5 blueberry regular seeds from crop king seeds..im open to anything,i just want to know how the best way to do this grow...PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Welcome jordanusn.

Just search the forum's. There's a goldmine of knowledge on here. Good luck growmie.

dilligaf

3. Thanks man,this place is a goldmine for knowledge.Im so ignorant to everything,but im slowly learning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm a beginning grower too, I'm working with some feminized White Widow right now, but I can let you know what's working for me so far. I do an 18/6 light cycle, just because it makes sense to save a little electricity, plus plants evolved with a period of darkness everyday, so in my mind it makes sense to keep it that way. Since your closet is 36x30, you really want to keep your number of plants low. Maybe only grow a couple of each to make sure you have females, then work with 1 female of each strain. It's better to give a small number of plants lots of light and optimal growing conditions over several smaller plants. As far as your autos, just let those grow naturally. Topping/training autos can mess up their growth cycle, just because from the moment they pop out of the seed they're on a timer until they start flowering. But as far as the blueberry, I think you should look into mainlining your plants, since you have 9 feet of clearance in your closet. Here's a link to a nice tutorial Nebula's Manifold Tutorial - More Efficient Main-Lining! | Grow Weed Easy. As far as nutrients, the Fox Farms trio of liquid nutrients works great. It's about $25 on Amazon. Make sure you get the soil variety though, and not the hydroponic one. Also worth the investment is a pH buffer kit. General Hydroponics has a nice one, about $15 that includes an acid, base, and test kit. Hope this helps a little bit :love-mj2:

5. Research, experiment, record your results, don't repeat mistakes, capitalize on successes.

Grow on buddy!

6. Sorry it took soo long to get back with you...I'm so thankful someone got back with me..I will check out the link..I also have a 42"x22"x64" armoire that I'm useing,I have everything setup waiting for my seeds to arrive,I purchased a small fluorescent grow light for my seedlings.and what do you think about general organics nutrient pack?

7. I definitely wanna use the mainlining technique..how far along is your grow? And how is it going??i hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a little as I begin this process

8. It's fine :) as far as nutrients go, I'm really only familiar with the Fox Farms, but a lot nutrients will work, you just need to investigate how strong they are to see if they're good for cannabis. Your armoire should make a good grow box! You could easily fit a good ScrOG system in there, or 1 or 2 mainlined plants as long as it's tall enough. My grow is going pretty well, thanks for asking. My pheno of White Widow is one that starts out small and slow. I'm assuming it's going to take off once it goes into flower. But I'm on day 44 of veg, I'm putting her into flower on 5/31. She's close to 6 inches tall now, with about 8 inches of bredth. You can check out my grow journal to see pics of her development. First Grow - White Widow I'll try and help as much as I can :)

9. I grow out of a small pc case. I got for about £20, a CFL light, a few PC fans some duct tape and some activated carbon foam sheets, all in all the whole setup maybe cost £50. The case that I got is small but my yields are fairly big (for personal use) through low stress training and maximizing my space.

The matter of "is my grow station big enough is a non issue". what is your issue is being discovered, do you live alone, with a partner of with you parents. Myself, I live alone so I don't need to take so many security precautions. But, if you lived with your parents, for example, and didn't wish your grow to be found you'd have to think about safety such as;
    are odors going to give me away?
    is my grow station inconspicuous enough?
    can I hide cables in a way that they are not leading to my grow station?

but, when it comes to the simple question of just growing, plant the seed in some soil, add water and wait a few months. it can be as simple as that, or it can be more complicated if you want it to be. Though for a first time grow, I'd just advise just plant and wait.

• Like Like x 1

10. I would hold off on trying to mainline until you have a few harvest under your belt. It's a big variable to throw in if you don't have an idea of a full cycle on your plants. Better off just topping a few times and trimming lower branches.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I don't want any more variables than I need..I figured with my armoire and my closet I can hopefully put my blueberry in one and my northern lights feminized autos in the other..I'm rolling with a Mars hydro 300 in each..what is a reasonable expectation off of 2 blueberry's and 2 northern light autos??dry weight?i know since it's my first time I'm not gonna have them to their highest potential..thanks for all the help