Trying to get a pound, what do I need?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedmanz, Nov 8, 2010.

1. I want to grow enough so that I dont have to buy weed for a long time. Not looking to sell it or anything. Just for personal consumption.

I want to grow white widow.

I've grown before but just in small places.

My question is:

1) How many plants will I need to grow indoors to net me a pound?
    2) How much space do I need? (Will 2 x 2 X 4 be enough?)
    3) How much light do I need? (200 watt per plant I believe?)
    4) How powerful will the carbon scrubber need to be to get rid of the smell?

I'm not trying to get a certain amount per week or anything like that, I just want more for myself.

Thanks guys

2. im no expert by any means but Ive heard that people yield over a pound by topping, super cropping, and lst (low stress treatment)

3. get 12 under a 600 hps in 3-5 gallon pots with good soil. veg for 1-2 months while lst and supercropping. Flower using professional nutrients and clean water and you should have your p.

4. How much space would I need for this?

5. Enough space to fit your 12; 3-5 gallon pots under :)

6. More than 2x2x4. Unless thats in yards or meters or something.

Im growing in a closet 2 feet deep, 4 feet wide, 8 feet tall. Planning on having 3 plants in a Scrog. Maybe look into something like that.

Perhaps its more realistic to focus on a few smaller grows, a pound seems like a high benchmark to set for yourself out of the gate.

7. you could have better equipment and supplies with less plants to save space and still yield probably over a p. with 12 under the same conditions you might get 1.5lbs. but this would require much more space id say with 8/9 and the right supplies youd have no problem. grow from seed if possible. nutes in all stages, fox farms always leaves me impressed. and when adding the bud fert add an extra molasses/ sugar water mixture. but if you have all the equipment you might as well just keep growing

8. i agree...although i think thats why everyone is here..to get a couple lbs under there belt...it takes a lot more than just reading reading on the forum...I give you credit for setting high goals however a P off a single grow is quite the pull.

If you really are doing this strictly for personal you should just get as many killer strains that suit you and keep them going...start 2 new plants every month until you have so many jars of different trees that you wont get bored smoking the same kind.

9. Oh yeah I didnt even think of that, Id get bored of white widow. Lol imagine having a pound of it and then not being able to try new stuff.

How does a stagger growing system actually work. I would need two separate growing area's right?

I was thinking that if I started say for argument sake 12 plants from seeds I dont have any clones.

Then halfway through when the first set of plants are beginning to flower I can plant a new batch and by the time the first batch is done flowering I can move the second batch from the veg area to the flowering area.

10. Yes you would need two separate areas to pull this off. Currently I have 2x 1kw HPS lamps booming in a 8x4 area with about 12 plants. Also in my flower room I have added a MH/HPS dual spectrum 600w early flower/late flower station where I put my plants that are in the first couple of weeks and the last couple of weeks of flower. They dont need such intense light during these stages. Clones and seedlings veg under 2x 4 hundo MH's in a different room before going to the early flower station.

So when I pull my girls under the main station, the next batch is already 3-4 weeks into flower. Currently pulling 2.5 lbs every 4-5 weeks with Barneys LSD and Dinafem Super Critical Haze as the main contributers to that.

Good luck

11. yes what Nuggpuffr said...i use a smaller tent with T5 for veg and add a new plant to my flowering tent once every week or every two weeks...this way i can harvest a plant every two weeks...It will make for a good variety of buds...

Also when i first started i was not very good so i was getting like quarters and half oz of each different strain but at least i had variety so i was getting high by smoking a different strain every day lol

have you made any progress or taken any action toward this 1 lb goal..i love to hear people set high goals but make sure you get it done :smoke:

12. I'd start with little steps first. It's nice to have big goals, but perhaps you should break it down. Why not aim for 1/2 lb first w/ 6 plants?

13. I agree with this. If this is your first run, you should probably get a feel for your situation before you ramp up your production. Little things that you would never think of are always waiting to pop up and catch you slippin, best you know what to expect first rather than waste a lot of time, money and effort on a failed attempt.

Also growing multiple strains at the same time is no easy task. Different plants have different needs, strength and frequency of feedings, reactions to environmental conditions and so on.

Its hard but rewarding work for sure.
    Good luck to you in your endeavors