Trying to figure out the perfect setup

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Newbie93, Aug 13, 2019.

1. I have a 3x2x5 grow tent that ive used for my first grow. Im turning that into a veg tent and DIYing a grow room in a spare office we never use. I was thinking a 4x4 to 5x5 space for mid-veg to flower and do 4 or 5 plants in that space. Is it okay to not use a tent and let the space be open? I didn't really plan to use a tent for this project. I think i want to do quantum boards but i dont know a ton about the lighting subject. Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated and thank you for your time!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. quantum boards are definitely the right option, they are some of the best grow lights available. I got my QBs from niemiled.com, they have well priced quantum boards and are based out of Chicago, you could look at the 260w lights

3. Were you thinking the rspec 260? Would i need 2 (4 qb288s)?

4. ya, the rspec are the newest highest efficiency quantum board out there right now, followed by the brand new lm301h diodes that niemiled also offers. I would put two in a 4x4 or 5x5 yes, as long as you have solid ventilation and heat control.

5. You said you wanted 2 different rooms...one for veg and one for flower....meaning you plan on growing photo-period plants and not Autos? If this is the case....doing it an "open space" will cause a few more headaches than if you DID have a tent....mainly for lighting reasons....you don't want light leaks on your plants during flowering.....

6. How long after u paid did u get the light

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. 3 days, they sent me tracking number like 5 hours after I ordered

• Like Like x 2
  8. I’m thinking about buying the 130 for a 2x2

9. Did they ship fed ex or usps

• Like Like x 1
  10. USPS, the 130w is really nice and also dimmable

11. Do you think I could ask for fedex and yeah I think it’s overkill for the 2x2 but with the dimmer it’s perfect for when I get a 3x3 in the winter

12. I suppose you could ask them about fedex? not sure on that one haha mine came in a USPS Priority Mailer box, well packaged :smoke:

13. Correct. I want two rooms. Yes photo periods. My plan was to put black out curtains up and probably tape them to the wall so no light got in and the only room that is connected to that room is always dark and barely ever has light in it.

14. Then in my opinion you'll be good......I've done it before/kinda doing it now. Lights might not be QUITE as effective in an open space as it would a Mylar'ed or something similar of a tent.....but nothing I PERSONALLY would worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm thinking of using 4-8 strips around the outside, any good suggestions on strips?

16. Growing in high light reflective tent really can help promote the yield somehow. The medical plants is very sensitive to light leak. If you were considering an affordable quantum board light. Check out Mars SP250. Two of these lights can cover 4x4 tent well.