Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Trying to cut down?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Canada Smokes, May 8, 2016.

1. Trying to cut down but can't go cold turkey, smaller bowls or one bowl/day?

Tell me what you think guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. if you are trying to cut down only smoke at night to start.

make sure all ur shit is taken care of before u start smoking. you'll get higher at night since it will be the first time smoking for the day, and when your high wears off you can just go to sleep.

• Like Like x 6
  3. If you can afford a vaporizer even a cheap one that's what I did. I take a what I would call a therapeutic dose in the a.m. keeps thc in your system but you won't be superstoned ALL day. honestly during the week I take two or three hits in the morning and smoke out at night. Otherwise I can't sleep and if i do i have nightmares and dreams. The guy that designed weedsthatplease.com follows the 4/20 rule. I think it's pretty good but taking time off from smoking is hard. For me it's not by choice it's for other reasons. Smoke for 20 days, take 4 days off. I've actually been thinking of doing what I used to do. Which is just smoke on the weekends. At this point I smoke all day every day but I still work and get things done. Good luck.

Marijuana not getting me high | Why don't I get stoned on weed?

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's the best advice, right there.

Set a time at night that makes sense, a couple of hours before you go to bed. Or maybe the time of night when you're usually all done for the day and kick back. The high will be better and you'll have a feeling of accomplishment from the day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I actually got in the habit of smoking at night because it was illegal where I was at the time, and where I was living it was considered a drug. I had to smoke at night. It was actually better wait all day you get way higher. Make yourself an edible at night. You'll sleep like a baby.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Weed Firecrackers Recipe - Original Weed Recipes This is the simplest recipe I've found. The only thing I do different is I decarb the weed first, and then bake it in the cracker with PB and Nutella. Depending on the amt. of cannabis and your tolerance it can last all day. OR all night depending on what you have going on. I try not fit the stereotype of the lazy stoner. I take a few hits in the morning with coffee and I'm off and running. I used to smoke a quarter or more a day. I can now make a quarter last almost two weeks.

7. I would say Quality not quantity. Smaller bowls. Limit yourself to two tokes. If you're not getting enough effect off of two hits maybe cutting back is good.

Jay Cavanaugh, PhD, National Director of the American Alliance for Medical Cannabis, wrote to ProCon.org on May 21, 2002:
    "When patients smoke or vaporize cannabis they can titrate their dose by inhalation. The medicinal constituents are absorbed in the lungs and proceed directly to the brain and general circulation avoiding a first pass through the liver. Patients can ascertain the effectiveness of the medicine within just a minute or two. By waiting between inhalations, patients can achieve the maximum effect with the least possible side effects.

It is vitally important for naive patients (ones who haven't used cannabis socially or recreationally) to be trained by skilled caregivers into how to obtain the best relief with medication that may vary in potency from crop to crop or even in the same cannabis depending upon its age, moisture content, etc. 'Cured' cannabis, for instance, contains higher levels of THC and lower levels of CBD than fresh."

May 21, 2002 - Jay Cavanaugh, PhD [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Canadian Consortium for the Investigation of Cannabinoids in Human Therapeutics, says there is very little research to guide practice so it's best to start with the lowest dose possible, particularly for the 'naïve' (first-time) user.

Using the protocols she and colleagues are developing for their research on the medicinal use of smoked marijuana, she recommends that naïve users begin with 1 puff (or toke), usually before bed, to help with symptoms such as pain or spasticity and improve sleep quality.

To get the most out of a dose while limiting the amount of smoke exposure, she tells patients to inhale on the pipe or joint and hold it in their lungs as long as possible.

Experienced users often know what dose is most effective, though Lynch recommends that a dose of 2 to 4 puffs per dose, 3 times per day is reasonable and, depending on response, the dose can be titrated accordingly. (Health Canada has suggested a daily maximum dose of 5 grams.)"

• Like Like x 1
  8. You CAN go cold turkey, cold turkey is the best imo.

• Like Like x 3
  9. This is the move

No smoking until all your shit is done for the day

Fantastic strategy

• Like Like x 3
  10. Don't listen to a word of this....this guy is clearly insane...

• Like Like x 2
  11. [​IMG]

And borderline sociopathic to boot!

• Like Like x 1
  12. "Borderline" ?

giphy.gif

• Like Like x 2
  13. Smoke trim. Works for me, after a while I can just stop.

14. I just quit last Thursday. Haven't really felt an urge to smoke. But I keep busy by working out or working in my garden(s) c:

15. Yeah same here. It's pretty easy tho I mean all you have to do is get rid of your stash and that's it. I don't have any leftover weed and my pipe my Friend has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. lol i didn't even have to do that my bong is chilling right next to me. I just asked the gf if she smokes don't do it around me :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. gotcha, I was dry hitting my pipe last week lol sad times haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1