Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to collect resin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Beeline420, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Ok, so im new to smoking resin, so i wanted to know how to collect some of it? I was wondering if i gave my socket-bowl an iso bath if i could make some qwiso out of it?? coould someone give me some direction as to how to do that? and if i cant, then any effective means of collecting resin? Thanx in advance!:smoke:

2. not worth the effort.

if i wanted to collect resin i'd just let it build up, scrape it, dry it, smoke it.

3. Best way by far is to get a 4 chamber grinder with a screen. You basically grind your bud, and as you do that, you get the famout THC resin fall down into the bottom chamber. Here's the good part, if you leave it in there long enough, and you collect enough, over time it will build up as hash!!! Or, just take it and roll it up as it falls...

4. If possible, boil your piece in a pot of plain water. Shake it around vigorously in the boiling water. If you do it right the piece should be clean after a while. Then, let the water cool down and strain it through a coffee filter. Squeeze the residue together and let it dry out. It has always worked for my glass piece and it should work for a metal one. If you don't have access to a stove really hot tap water will work almost as well. I dnt trust ISO methods because of those kids who fucked it up and didn't let it dry enough and tried to smoke it and fucking died.

5. What he said. Let your piece collect resin (maybe a week or so of smoking everyday) scrape the bowl and i usuaklly use pipe cleaner to get inside the pipe, roll it up in a squishy ball and smoke it! Dont hold the flame on it too long just tap it until it burns. Enjoy:smoke:

6. A bobby pin bent into straight piece with the rubber tip removed and bent up slightly with a pliers have always worked wonders for me. :)

7. What??? Link?!?

8. That keif, not resin :wave:

Boiling glass in water can cause small stress factures in the glass that can eventually turn into cracks and be the death of your bowl. I would just do as Mr. Acid Raindrops said and bend a bobby pin and just scrape the crap out of it. I love scraping pieces, its really relaxing.

9. hey thanks for questioning me because i misquoted it, sorry he didn't die from smoking it but he died in an explosion while making it.. once again sorry i read the article a long time ago Teen Dies In Hash Oil Explosion // Current

10. everytime i've done it i've only used a sink with really hot water... and my pipe hasn't broken. i will agree with you tho, i like scraping my pieces, and this is the method i use most often. but if you do scrape your peice i would suggest doing it while the peice is cold... i've broken more bowls scraping a hot bowl than from stress fractures. and not to be rude but your whole point is moot because OP has a metal piece.

11. That dude was trying to make hash, not smoke resin extracted with iso, so I don't really see what it has to do with this. :p

I'd go with scraping it with a paper clip, and then doing an iso rinse on what is left if you really feel the need to smoke what is leftover after the scraping.

Boiling is just too much of a chore to me. And getting the resin off the pan when you're done is pain in the ass, at least in my experience. ;)

12. ^ And it stinks up your kitchen for awhile. (and the pan)

13. Yeah, that too.

I had a pan that I used for a couple of pipe-boilings (before I joined GC and found out that iso+salt is way superior :p) and it got so filthy with resin that I just threw the thing out eventually.

Shits a mess. I'd much rather shake it around in a baggy with some iso for a few minutes. :cool:

14. Amen. learning about Iso+Salt has helped me out alot.