Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to collect kief

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mogwai, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Alright, so I got this screen in my room and I plan on using it collect kief from a shit load of stems I have. I planned on breaking the stems up a little and putting them on a screen then using a credit card to move them around.

I got some questions though.

First off, will this method even work? Secondly, the screens in my house are all these strange kind that feel like they're made out of some type of cloth instead of metal wires, so will that work? And finally, how long should I move the stems around before taking them off the screen?

2. please respond

Is your internet lagging? Maybe I can fix it for you

3. #3 NotoriousCheech, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
    :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
    that shit from that other thread with that dude on facebook. hahahhahahahahaha

edit- for your post. if you want keif from stems.
    get a jar , maybe a glass one with the little "buckle" those work the best. and get a pair of nylons. you can double wrap the nylon for x2 the filter or just put right in between the jar top and the lid. you know ?

like open the jar and put the nylons in between then close it with the nylons hanging out but making screen. with all stems in jar shake the hell out of it then all kief will be on your lid :D

4. the kief collected from stems is a little weak. If you have a lot I suggest making qwiso. and, screen door screen is plastic, which is why it feels that way.

5. I don't think it will work too well.. I'm guessing the "screen", is cheesecloth. Because it's fibrous, I can only see the THC easily sticking to the fibres. Depends on the amount you have though.

6. That sounds like a terrible idea. You could always just get a cheap sharpstone grinder with a kief collector. 100x easier.

7. Well, I just did my first little bit of stems (doing them a little at a time as to not miss any) and I've gotten a small amount of what looks like kief. I'm not sure how good it is though. You can be sure that I will take a final picture (if I can, I don't have a great camera) and will also take a pic of all the stems I used and give a smoke report.

Unfortunately the only tools I have to use are the screen and a mirror =\. The screen is a bitch as when I try to move the stems around a few occasionally come out from under my hand and go flying through the air haha

8. How do I pick the kief up >.>? Once it's on the mirror it seems hard to get up without getting it all over my fingers. If it gets all over my hands it's hard to get off without shaking it everywhere

9. in my grinder there is a little plastic shovel thing with a straight edge that i can just move it into a clump

just use something with a straight edge like a flathead screwdriver

10. #10 Jdonnie, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
    ravor blade^

eidt: so much fail, razor