Trying DXM?

Discussion in 'General' started by MulchZ, Jun 5, 2006.

1. So, I'm thinking about trying DXM, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest what brand to buy and how much to take to have a good first trip.

2. How much do you weigh?

If I were you I'd only do enough to get to the 2nd plateau. Also I suggest not smoking so you can get an idea of what it's truly like. Try to be alone as DXM is a disassociative.

As for brand I suggest getting a 4oz bottle of maximum strenght Robitussin (store brands are cheaper). It's 15/mg Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide per 5ml. You want DXM to be the only active ingredient.

If I missed anything just ask. Be safe and have fun.

3. Id say take a bottle of robotussin maximum strength cough gels(red) One bottle is 300mg

4. whatever you choose look at the active ingredients and make sure theres only dextro-something (dxm). Anything will work if its only that. ledfut pretty much covered it. Oh and make sure your not going to do anything important the next day (physically at least). When i did it the next morning i went to play paintball and whenever i jumped it felt like i was in the air for like 5 seconds and i was totally out of it. The entire next day my body and movements felt wierd. But its fun good luck with it.

5. delsym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drink half.. wait 2 hours.. smoke betwwen.. drink another half.. or drink 3/4ths then smoke and dont touch rest.. ither way.. ><

Each teaspoonful (5 mL) of Delsym® contains dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide.

orange bottle / box.. 5oz bottle..

>< so much dxm .. such a trip

6. First off, don't trip on it regularly.

Like GreenLantern said get a bottle of RoboTussin Gel caps (should be 20 to a bottle). What I do is drink a Bawls (to stay awake for the duration of that trip) and pop about 2-3 capsules at a time. But wait in between each time you do it because it can make you nauseous if you take them all at once.

If you get motion sickness, I would lay down somewere for a little while until you understand how that shits working. And if you're going to be at home I suggest hooking up either Winamp or iTunes and listen to an ambient musicstation. Definately turn on the visualizer.

As for company, the first time i did it was with a really good friend so I felt really comfortable. You don't have to feel bad about being that fucked up in front of him. Haha and I would not go in public either (its pretty obvious youre on something).

Either way a whole bottle is an intense trip for most people (depending on body weight), but more than likely you'll be able to stick it. 300mg is nothing compared to what you're able to take. The last and final time I did it I went all out... 800mg. Coach-locked and watching Ren and Stimpy.

Good luck man and BE SAFE!

oh yeah if you get sick smoke a little bud ;)

7. why would you watch tv while taking a dose large enough for the 3rd plateau? i usually take 700mg doses and within 2 hours i'm pretty much gone and between 3 and 4 hours it's complete disassociation. just seems like a waste to me that's all.

8. The only thing holding me back from doing DXM is the fact that I'm on an antidepressant, Celexa, that's an SSRI and it's said NOT to mix SSRI's with DXM :(

9. emohnke, my buddy is taking those and he tryed it (stupidly) but it was fine i don't think it really matters.

10. Remember: Just because it didn't hurt one guy doesn't mean it won't hurt anyone. Different people react differently.

Yeah if you get nauseous just lay down until it's gone (30-45min) and then you'll be trippin out. Try not to eat a lot beforehand, 1) you'll trip faster 2) you have less of a risk of ralphing.

11. Delysm is where its at. I drank a whole bottle the other night and had a blast, I really wanted to just lay down in my grass in the front, but it was at night and my neighbors call the cops for the stupidest shit.

12. For your first time, use DXM alone. I can say that DXM mixed with cannabis is kind of frightening for an inexperienced user.

13. Thanks for all the responses guys. :] I really appreciate it. I'll post how it went when I get around to doing it.

14. even for an experienced user. last thursday i did my usual 700mg. this time though i had weed with me. i literally went to hell and back.

15. Haha i tripped 16 ccc and smoked 3+ j's and i was fucking blown. Passed out actually. Wasn't scary if you're in the right environment.

16. that's fine and all if you want to risk it yourself, but i wouldn't bring up ccc's in a thread like this. to the person that made the thread, NEVER get ccc's... they are very dangerous and can send you to the hospital pretty easily. I would also say to get the robutussin cough gel capsules 15mg each, 20 caps.300mg total... i haven't seen delsym in my area so I don't know about its cost/dxm mg ratio

17. Im on dxm right now, it can be in incredible experience if taken properly, but you don't want to over do it