Trying cannabis and having a hard time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SPT_42, May 23, 2021.

1. Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and though not new to cannabis ita been a long time. So my issues have been just over all anxiety and nervous feelings while high. Started smoking in hopes I'd choose it over booze but can't seem to feel at ease with just the cannabis. Of course it's not legal here and aside from hiding it I'm also hiding from my wife so wondering if that's not a huge part of problem. Any advice or insights?

2. Why do you need weed or booze?
    Especially if it causes anxiety and you have to hide it from your wife....

3. Well I gues that's a long story. I like alcohol and I came to drinking a bit too much. Was able to curb it back to weekends but I like the idea of cannabis, but it's not always a enjoyable high. And seems like I smoke a bit and only want to get a drink too instead of just enjoying the weed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. First of all, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here!
    A common misconception around the “cannabis can help with anxiety” thing is that it is interpreted in a way that sounds like any type of cannabis can help. And it can! Just not THC. If you want anxiety relief look into CBD containing cannabis products with very little if any THC. Smoking/inhaling CBD can give you a quick anxiety/stress relief, while CBD oils (which you can easily find and buy legally (hemp derived) ) can build up in your system if you start taking it daily and can help reduce overall anxiety levels. Of course if you live in a place where medical cannabis is legal, look into that option.

THC can cause anxiety, and paranoia for certain people, and sometimes certain strains. I would avoid THC products if you are using them for anxiety relief.
    Now when I’m high, I don’t get anxious, but that doesn’t mean you won’t either. And I read on many places saying over time, it can make the situation worse.
    I used to smoke back in the day at school just to cope with school and anxiety, but little did I know, I was making my anxiety worse bit by bit. But did it get me through boring day of school? Damn right.

As for your wife, I wouldn’t try to hide it. Obviously I am not here to give you relationship advice, but being honest is important. You can tell her why you are smoking cannabis, and even talk to her about your anxiety which can definitely help if you open up.

oh and by the way, lay off the booze ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Do you have the option to get Medical Marijuana?

When i quit drinking i started on CBD 1:1 ratio.. Didn't get me too high. There's been times where i smoked some sativa strains that gave me anxiety so bad its almost like i forgot how to swallow. It would almost put me into a panic.

6. avoid sativas as they are uppers and in some can cause anxiety or even cause whats been dubbed greening out. try a hit see how you feel then next time try two but if you are experiencing this be careful not to over smoke. indicas are downers and are less likely to make you feel this way but the same just take a hit or two dont over do it. the weed today isnt like it used to be it doesnt take much to get you were you need to be

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hmmm. Yeah there's the med option. Haven't tried yet. Also, currently have wedding cake and what supposed to be cherry pie.

8. Don’t stress the strain name. I used to be obsessed with it for the ‘effects’ it will give but I came to realize that dealers, and EVEN legal grow ops just slap a name and market the product as if it is that x strain

9. Just an update here. I went and got some delta 8 gummies. 30mg per gummy. I ate one and after about an hour it kicked in. Terrific high for me, really. I'm rocked but have zero overconcern/anxiety or paranoia. Four hours in and I'm pretty elevated. But since they were gummies I told the wife I was high and they were gummies. Shit. Got the head shake, why, I shouldn't be, etc. I told her bc half the issue with having a problem when high is the negative response

10. Get rid of her.......unless she's really good in bed.
    On second thought.........get rid of her.

• Like Like x 1