Trying Acid, any advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheRoeBiz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. I've been wanting to give LSD a try for awhile now but I was unable to find a source. As I'm sure you've guessed by the title of this thread, my luck has changed and I'll be taking my first hit this weekend. I've already read through way to many erowid reports to count but I was wondering if the city had anything to add. So how 'bout it guys, any words of wisdom for an aspirering psychonaut?

2. Write a note to yourself. Mention that your safe, and will come down in 8-12 hours.

3. How easy is it to forget you've taken anything? The only other psychedelic I've tried is 20x salvia and in all of my intense trips on that I've lost touch with the fact that I'm even on a drug, is it like that with lsd?

I'm only planning on taking a hit or two.

4. Very good idea. You also may want to have a sitter.

5. You will be fine after 12 hrs. I wouldn't be with anyone you don't know well.. thats about it. Just be safe and make sure everyones having fun

6. Just stay relaxed and be prepared for anything. Stay away from sober people that wouldn't approve. Listen to some good music pretty much constantly.

7. Try to draw, or write, video tape, tape record.

Do something so that you can remember what was going through your mind, you may find it extreamly insightful or just plain funny after. I've drawn a picture on acid I love, and had some amazing conversations I just wish I wrote down.

Also try to have a sitter your first time, just in case.

8. Don't panic. It will last atleast 6 hours. You are your high. Control it wisely.

9. haha ya- the thing to taking acid is make sure you do with a couple of your good friends - Hopefully someone outta the group has already done it before - Im not talking about 10 friends - 3-4 will work - If you go into it thinkin your gunna have a bad trip don't do it - Go into it smiling and heres a must - Make sure you have nothing planned the next day - You will be up all night - Walk through dark woods too

Enjoy

10. Go in with a clear mind, a happy attitude, and some good friends, and you will have the greatest, most mind-opening experience of your life.

Don't go in with a hour by hour plan of what you're going to do. Firstly, you won't understand what time is, and also the moment you start doing something you're bound to see some amazing thing and want to check it out. Its these unexpected sights and feeling that really make the trip awesome. Just go with the flow, if you feel like taking a walk, do it, if you want to listen to music and close your eyes, do it.

Be prepared for the bad stuff. You will go to some dark places more than likely, and you will be uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate it and learn from it. Plus good or bad, it will all end eventually, so make the best of all of it.

Prepare to have your life changed. Good luck.

EDIT: Goddamn I want to trip so badly. I need to take a day off from work and do it.