Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Try this it will get you fucked up

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dr.Banner, Aug 24, 2008.

1. There are substances that contain carcinogens that can be inhaled with out being incinerated such as, asbestos and coal, if these materials are incinerated the carcinogen levels increase, so the levels are naturally carcinogenic in any form . Other materials or substances are non-carcinogenic by nature until incinerated at high heat, such as MJ which can be ingested and handled without releasing carcinogens, but once MJ is burned it becomes carcinogenic just like any other natural material. For example Chicken...Ok so chicken is non-carcinogenic correct, yes it is...but if you burn the chicken while cooking the charred pieces are now carcinogenic. So using the active ingredient of MJ being THC is not carcinogenic but buring the plant matter is.

Yes I smoke large amounts of weed and hash, but my argument is, smoking resin contains higher levels of carcinogens and trace amounts of THC is twice as harmful and half as effective as smoking fresh cannabis.

Anything that burns is carcinogenic there is no such thing as carcinogen free smoke, thus suggests the argument of vaporizing rather then smoking.

I learned these facts many years ago on Overgrow.com, there was a thread with a very informitive article about a study conducted by the "National Cancer Institute" researching the smoking of marijuana, marijauna extracts and marijuana bi-products (resins and residues)

Yes you may inhale some resin while smoking but the resin is not wht gets you high it is the THC vapor present in the smoke. what sticks the walls of the pipe and somewhat your lungs is merely a marijauna bi-product which is harmful waste., but when smoking any substance inhaling these harmful bi-products is practically impossible.

2. okay srry for wasting your time then... and thanks for clearing that up

3. Seeing as anything of substance seems to go over your head, I'll put it in simple, playground terms. You don't have a grasp of the English language, your arguments are at best poorly thought out, and the person you're fighting with has thousands of posts and a great deal of respect from other members of this forum who have benefited from his guides and contributions in general. You're defending res hits.
    I'd say quit while you're ahead, but you already signed up for this place so I guess it's too late.

4. so this kid gets 1 gram dimes:cool:

5. Ok, first, let me just say that I'm only playing devil's advocate here. I've been smoking for a loooong time, so I totally get what you are saying (and yes, I know you can eat and vape weed... that's kind of irrelevant, since those processes don't produce resin). Again, I'm not advocating smoking resin, and I am not trying to start a "u r so gay" type of argument here. Just a friendly debate :)

So, in that spirit consider this....

Let's say what you're saying is true... that resin is 50% more carcinogenic then smoking weed. You still have to take VOLUME into consideration. In order to get a small amount of resin, you need to smoke a large amount of weed.

Let's say I smoke an ounce (28g) of weed, and end up with a a gram of resin. Doing the math according to your stats, the amount of weed that I just smoked to get that gram of resin would 14x more carcinogenic then the resin. So while, yes, ounce for ounce resin may be more harmful (I don't really disagree with that), the sheer volume of weed you would smoke to get that resin is always going to be more harmful.

The danger of smoking a small amount of resin after, say, going through an ounce of weed is negligible. It's kind of like saying you don't want to eat a cupcake because it's fattening after you've just eaten 2 dozen cookies.

6. I agree

7. yeah i did that with a friend of mine but we put the bowl in the pipe, smoked 2 bowls, then smoked that one so it didnt get that much more high but this is a good idea

8. #88 pinball wizard, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
    Who the fuck said 2169 degrees? SOURCE, BITCH.

I don't have one, but have heard from multipule people a bic burns around 400F, which is compleatly belivable. your number, however, is complete bullshit. Just not true. It would be to hot to hold without a welding glove, and would explode because the massive heat would melt the plastic.

I fully understand and comprehend every aspect of smoking resin, it is you who needs more education on the matter.

EDIT-his post made a lot more sense than yours.... why don't you counter his points, instead of making up numbers and insulting his post.

9. You either won't believe this, or think I'm some sort of pyromaniac, but I actually needed the North American Combustion Handbook for a class and still have it. I can't prove these figured are right since you don't have it, but according to it butane (a typical Bic lighter) burns at
    1,977 degrees C, or just short of 3,600 degress F. By comparison wood burns at approximately the same, and a match can burn at anywhere between 600 and 800 degrees C.

10. Man, i can't wait to try this amazing idea. it sounds so cool and fun to do.

11. Epic fail

12. resin is made from the bud anyway, so if your smoking bud you are still smoking the resin and all the plant matter too .

13. #93 Hashmouf, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
    Google it BITCH!!!!

You as well know absolutely nothing, I have made several counter points, if you are unable to realize that you are even slower then he is.

I bet you are just another silly kid on summer break who thinks he knows it all when in reality you are blind to the facts and quite ignorant.

How about you go play some pinball and leave the weed talk to the grown folks!

14. did it but not a month or twos worth.yes i got very high

15. I love doing this with my metal pipe. I have a screen about halfway down and you can take it all apart and easily remove the bud. I put a .2 nug in my bowl and then after atleast an ounce was smoked in the bowl i took it out and it was coated in resin and it even had a core of green bud that didnt get resinated

16. weeds just gonna get moldy and gross

17. If you were true in your statement, i would be able to easily melt aluminum and other metals with just a bic lighter because the melting temp of aluminum is 660 degrees Fahrenheit. Obviously i cant melt aluminum with a bic so your definitely wrong. The kilns most pipes were "made" in melt the glass at about 2200 degrees Fahrenheit so i guess if you were right the pipe you smoke with your bic would melt during your hit.

18. I mean no offense, I agree smoking resin is nasty as fuck
    anyways
    I just tried googling it and came up with nothing besides this thread,
    could you please provide a source on that fact?

19. It's so funny that this thread is so controversial, when threads about drinking bottles of fucking cough syrup get like 4 responses. :confused:

20. Aluminum melts at 1220 degrees F. Problem is, just touching something at that temperature (or higher) isn't going to instantaneously melt the metal. It requires time for the heat to transfer. A lighter is a very small heat source so obviously it's not going to have the same effects as, say, a blowtorch. Also, aluminum doesn't glow before it melts...it basically looks like its burning once it reaches its melting point.
    The same goes for glass...a comparatively small heating source, plus the flame barely, if ever, touches the glass.