Trump declares US ready to invade Venezuela

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 12, 2017.

1. @SmokinP i'm just having a flash back from reading my "soldier of fortune" label reference above. do you recall all the mercs that were fighting in s. africa in the 70's to mid-80's? there used to be advertising in Soldier of Fortune magazine (former LTC Robert K. Brown). certainly there were a few true disciplined warriors in the bunch but iirc a lot of 'em were a bunch of rag tag foot soldiers from foreign country's military.

yeh, SOF magazine used to recruit former military "seeking adventure and fortune" as the ads used to read. obviously a long time before the current list of the many "protection companies" around today.

a man needs to work if he wants to eat. i reckon wth.

2. #82 SmokinP, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    DP

3. Those mercenaries that went to South Africa, Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) in the 70's were either very naive or sewer rats as they were guns for hire for racist gutter rat regimes.

My father served in the Legion for 7 years and I always regret I didn't follow in his footsteps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. After serving in MY COUNTRY'S military..........."I am proud" I guess............but after a bit of research, I quickly realized I was "there" for a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT reason that what they claimed....

• Like Like x 3
  5. Yup, I hear you. That's what held me back at the time, that and the lure of heading to London with my friends to "live it large".

6. The guy they showed was too fat, too out of shape to have been hired by the US government to take over a government. It's not impossible, I'm constantly surprised by the stupidity of the American intelligence services but it's highly unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yup, all seems too amateurish and akin to something thought up in a drunken haze.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

8. The United States military SHOULD BE READY! they should have plans, a play book for any kind of scenario that they can think of, including invading Venezuela.

why this comes up now during this global pandemic is what the real story is???

9. The US is ready for any new warmongering adventure at the drop of a hat. All they need to do is declare somewhere a threat to "American freedom" and a large percentage of the American public will cheer the bloodshed on.

It's sick and pathetic...

10. i'm not intending to pick a fight but what do you think the average Venezuelan thinks of the quality of life under Maduro? i certainly would not want to live under those harsh, poverty stricken, and worse conditions. you suggest americans revolt, why not encourage Venezuelans to revolt?

i'm all for a single Americas strategy - canada, us, central, and south United Americas under a single flag. other countries and continents could ask to participate, for fee of course, for the protection of a military force unlike anything ever seen in history.

that's what i'd support. an arrangement such as that would change the world in huge and positive ways.

11. What the Venezuelan people do is none of my business or yours unless they attempt to invade another country, etc...

The US on the other hand sticks it's snout in every other countries affairs. The commander in chief has threatened and continues to threaten any country that chooses to follow it's own path which is basically bullying. The US is for want of a better way of putting it a thug, a bully and a greedy selfish pig. You could say that Trump is the perfect POTUS as he encompasses all of these "values".

I'd hate to see one flag flying over the Americas and I'm damn sure a lot of other countries in the region would feel the same. Who would want to be ruled by thugs and bullies?

Hope you're keeping well friend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The best answerS to this question would be the answers given by the 3.5 Million Venezuelans that have fled Maduro’s terrorist regime.

At least it’d be worth hearing their version.

j

13. The best answer is probably the statement made by the 28+ million who've stayed behind.

Can you explain to me Jerry why Maduro's government is a "terrorist regime" ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. i am well thank you, and you as well.

the machinations of evil were put in motion november 22, 1963. the momentum of that inertia erupted on september 11, 2001, and the world was forever changed. we are where we are now on the timeline of life as a result of these and countless other known and unknown covert operations and, the fat lady isnt even clearing her throat to get ready to sing because we are still a very long ways, perhaps idk, from when it will be time for her to step to the mic.

everything is an illusion. people have to search for truth if they ever hope to find it. the truth is always in plain view it is just often very difficult to see.

cheers!

15. It's certainly hard to know what JFK could have done or where we would be today.

He's worshipped like a demigod here in Ireland. My grandmother had a picture of JFK on the wall beside Jesus and Pope John Paul 2. They still show the highlights of his visit here and the primary school I went to was called after JFK.

Take care friend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1