Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trulieve vs. Aphria products

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Oulde Tymer, Mar 5, 2018.

1. While I am waiting for my MMJ card (taking forever) I'm doing research into the products available. I live in
    Florida, so we don't have anything smokeable. I've been looking at oil vape pens and capsules from Trulieve and Aphria. Can anyone give me info on your experiences with either?

My primary problem is nerve pain but I also have muscle spasms. It looks like high-THC is usually used for pain so I've been looking at Sativas for daytime use and more of a hybrid for nighttime. Any experience with their products specifically related to treating pain?

Finally, I read some posts about Aphria's disposable vape pens dying before the oil is used up. Has anyone had any good or bad results from their pens?

Thanks for any help,
    Oulde Tymer

2. I'd try and also get some of their other products to switch things up (tinctures or whatever they have). Tolerance builds up pretty quick with vape pens. Not much experience with the ones in florida (I live in Colorado) but yeah those cartridges can crap out. You can buy a $2 empty cartridge from a vape shop and transfer the rest into that or make it into edibles.

3. I have a Florida mmj card. I’m not a huge fan of truelieve, but I haven’t used them much, just their delivery service. My favorite is Curaleaf. They have great products, great variety, and great prices.

You can buy flower from truelieve and Curaleaf by the way. It comes preshredded and put into capsules ready to be vaped. What you do to the capsules is completely up to you. Only problem, you can’t buy nice fresh buds and you have no control of the shredding whether it’s coarse or fine. I do open the capsules to use with better vaporizers. I’ve had dust particles from truelieve. Curaleaf has much better stuff.

I’ve also used Knox. I like them, but they are expensive. Whether you use them or not, take them up on their free pen with purchase. Their pens are $40.00 which is really pretty expensive for an e-cig battery pen but it is very nice, very powerful (can handle 80% cartridges better than anyone elses, although the truelieve pod thing looks very very cool.

Let me know if you have questions. While we are somewhat limited in Florida, we still have quite a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I have no experience with aphria

7. The entourage cups are such a pain in the ass! DO NOT BUY!!!!

People literally smash the ceramic "Vape-Bowl" with a hammer to get to the buds!!
    WTF!!!!
    No way i would purposefully smash ceramic shards into my meds

Stick to dabbing the Truclear syringes. That is the best bang for your buck!

Plus the distillate syringes are $60 when the ceramic, puzzle piece vape cups are $55.
    I'll take those truclear syringes any time of the day over any of the other trulieve products

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’ve had experience with those cups. I use a power drill through the top into the bottom. It keeps the shards from smashing into a thousand pieces. There may be on or two very small shards? But nothing to cut you and they are heat resistant.

9. I’ve been using curaleafs disposable vape pens and they suck. So far 4 out of 6 have prematurely died on me. The other two are by no means in the clear. Curaleaf acted like they were doing me a favor by refunding me for two of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Its really not that big of a problem out of mi chalice. Yet, if SWIM were to roll up a J or a blunt of it, and then perhaps directly inhale the tiniest of ceramic shards then i bet there would be issues directly associated with inhaling tiny ceramic shards.
    My take, not buying anymore until true flowers hit the stores. Like I said prior though, those truclear dabs'll get you right where you need to be.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I just had me some Curaleaf dab. Truelieve is too expensive for me. Their initial price is fine, but my issue is that I’m about an hour and a half from the nearest Truelieve. They do deliver to me, but unlike the other dispensaries they charge $25.00 for the delivery. Add to that the other places give me a 20% veteran discount versus Truelieve’s 10%, it just makes sense for me to use curaleaf. Also I like being able to buy 80% pen concentrate at 1/2 gram instead of the major investment of a whole gram, oh and you have to use truelieve’s proprietary pen.

I will say that Truelieve’s $50.00 vaporizer is the best vaporizer by far in it’s price range that I was able to find. It is much better than the G-Pen Pro, G-Pen Elite, and the FlowerMate HybridX (Curaleaf’s in-house vape at $90.00).

• Like Like x 1
  12. how much are Curaleaf distillate grams?

13. $30 bucks HOLY SHIT! I need to get myself to a Curaleaf ASAP

14. Well, I've finally got some product to review:

First was Trulieve's vape pen and a cartridge each of Indica (Grandaddy Purple) and Sativa (Super Sour Diesel). The GP is good for my pain relief and also provides a good buzz. The SSD is fair for pain relief but good on the buzz scale. I also bought 10mg Hybrid capsules (Chem Dawg). They are as good for the pain as the GP and as good a buzz as the SSD, but last 4-5 hours.

Next were products from Aphria. I got a vape pen of Sativa (Blue Dream) and 10mg capsules of Indica (Super Skunk) and Sativa (Blue Dream). The BD vape cartridge provides fair pain relief but the buzz is great! The BD capsules are not quite as good for pain or buzz, but last 4-5 hours. The SS capsules are good for pain relief and still provide a good buzz.

From what I've been reading I think my next order might be from Curaleaf. I liked Trulieve even though they are expensive. Their delivery was first rate and when my first vape pen had a problem they came out and replaced it promptly. The products have been high-quality. Aphria's delivery was more like a visit from Domino's. Here's your pizza! Their products don't seem to have the same quality. The dosage in the capsules seems to be inconsistent and the vape pen is one-use. I don't like throwing it away when done. Anyway, keep up the chatter. The more knowledge we have the better decisions we can make!

Oulde Tymer

15. Something else just occurred to me. I read on another thread a discussion about dosages in your recommendation. My recommendation is for 60mg a day for each of CBD Oral, CBD Inhalation, THC Oral and THC Inhalation. That is turning out to be a good bit more than what I need, but it is better to have room for adjustment. What have you folks been recommended?

16. My first order was for 7,000 units (inhalation only) for 70 days. That worked out to 100 units a day. Even with heavy use that was quite a bit. Then when I found out I can get flower then I had less room, but still plenty for heavy use. This was on top of CBD. Because the doc shop has a constant revolving door with doctors for my second order the new doc went nuts. She asked if my order needed to be increased. I said no. She increased it anyway. She put in 14,000 units of inhalation, and 14,000 units sublingual. If it was possible to overdose on THC this would probably do it (same order for CBD as well). She refilled it yesterday for 14,000 inhalation, and 10,500 (if I recall correctly) sublingual, no cbd.

17. Wow, 100mg per day is a lot! I'm going to use less than half of my 60mg oral and 60mg inhalation per day. But better to be allocated too much than not enough!

• Like Like x 1
  18. There was a change to the syringe thc concentrate. It can now be ordered as an inhalent. That’s great for me. I love the syringe concentrate and I’m not a fan of the drops. This means I can change the sublingual order to whatever it’s called so I can try the cream.

19. BREAKING NEWS. A NEW METHOD OF OPENING THE TRUFLOWER CONTAINERS HAS JUST BEEN DEVELOPED.
    Tools needed 1) Flathead screwdriver 2) hammer 3) solid floor 4) Truflower container

first step, put truflower container on ground
    step two, put flathead screwdriver on the inside of the ceramic lip, but still on top of the metal
    step three, knock gently with hammer, the flathead should poke through the holes like a can opener.
    step three, repeat step two around the truflower container!
    step four, get the cannabis out of the newly opened container
    step five, enjoy your meds you just worked so hard to open!

I hope this helps, OB

20. Holy shit, folks! Just tried Trulieve's GSC vape cartridge and it is an awesome strain! It is a 600mg cartridge with a ceramic tip that seems to hit better than the plastic tips. I think I just found a go-to strain.