True life, Im an alcoholic.. lol

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Americandutchyz, Sep 22, 2013.

1. #1 Americandutchyz, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    lol, I don't really know why I'm making this thread, maybe it a futile call for help, maybe its just me being a drunk bored alcoholic in the wee hours of the morning.. who knows.. anyhow, it didn't used to be this bad. In the span of 2 months I lost the woman I loved and two friends died. I know all you fellow blades will tell me to take a chill pill and smoke a doobie but unfortunately thats impossible, for reasons I realllyyy don't feel like going into right now. Again, I don't know why I'm posting this, I guess hopefully some poor fucker out there will be in my position and want to relate or something. I don't fucking know guys, you guys have a good night and if you want to say whatsup feel free below.

2. how much do you drink man?

3. If you are binge drinking, drink water don't drain out your body .....chill for your body it's the only home you got

4. Damn you're self conscious.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm an alcoholic too. Not proud of it, but ill admit it. I've always loved MJ but I've noticed I drink more and more since I've been legal drinking age. Im now 24 and I drink almost everyday. I stopped drinking liqueur awhile ago and now mostly drink beer... A lot of PBR

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I drink close to a 30 pack a day.. I feel you man. When times get rough it's nice to be able to relax and forget about everything.

7. sometimes you get stuck in the muck.

when times get rough

its time to get drunk as fuck.

8. Sucks man, just try to cut back. Start going to the gym, or get a hobby. I really dont know man :/

9. same boat man. I just love drinking too much to give it up n its the only thing I can do rite now

10. I have a pretty serious addiction but it involves sticking needles in myself.. Some people just need a crutch in life if it's not having a negative effect ride the wave man.

11. True life, I'm addicted to tobacco

12. True Life, I'm a compulsive masturbator, chronic smoker, and all around great guy.

13. I used to get slammed on Wild Turkey every night for a few years, then I switched to beer and would do at least 12 on work nights, ~20 on weekends.  Now I'm down to 6-8 beers a night.  Try weening yourself down, finding that level where you start feeling good and learn how to stop after that.  Just remember alcohol causes a viscous circle of causing you to feel bad and want to keep drinking.  

14. Being an alcoholic is not a good thing. I been sober 20 years and 3 months now, even though I still smoke some cannabis for the medicinal value. Alcohol kills people and dissolves things like bank accounts, families, relationships, jobs...etc. Being an alcoholic is not glamourous at all, I don't care what brand you drink. Hope you get help soon....you're going to need it.

15. #15 lazytoker, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    Alcohol is the worst addiction.... the detox sucks ass, and can kill you. I've been hooked on a lot of different substances due to quitting one and replacing it with another.... but Alcohol is the worst. I don't drink daily anymore... but when I drink... I'll keep drinking constantly for days until my esophagus and stomach hurt so bad that I can't keep alcohol down. I just puke it back up instantly... and am forced to stop for another few days/week. I pop like 10 zantacs in a day when that happens, and it still hurts like hell and makes it impossible to eat. Even drinking water is impossible sometimes. Shitty ass cycle. So I feel anybody's pain in this situation

so bizarre humans do this shit to themselves

17. Hey OP, don't take it so hard. A lot of people have problems with alcohol, most people don't even know it. You've realized that you have a problem and that's the most important step. You need to rough it out... many recovering alcoholics can't drink at all because it plunges them right back into old habits. You need to stop drinking, it's going to be your lifes hardest challenge, but if you do it you'll be a changed man. It's hard, impossible for some, to simply quit alone, most people need a hand. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Alcohol is scary because it makes us feel great, but when the 'hangover' kicks in we feel like death, but just one beer later and we start to feel great again. It's so much easier to stay drunk, all the time, than face the horrible, horrible experience that is sobriety. And once you're finally sober you'll feel like shit for a long time, but when you get over that hilltop (and you will) your life quality will greatly improve and when you reach that point you can test and see if you're capable of handling alcohol responsibly, if not I would STRONGLY suggest you never drink again (Serious shit, I know).

Be careful with cannabis while going through this process, it might be able to help you get some of the the relief you used to get from alcohol, but it might also make it too easy for your brain to get up out of the sofa and go to the nearest liquor store.

Good luck man!

18. Used to drink, funny cause I stopped smoking weed because I thought it was bad, what can I say young and impressionable, then I become a border line alcoholic, well I was an alcoholic but not in the normal sense, hard to explain, lets just say I took something that made me want to drink but it was that something that was the main problem not the drink, the drink just got out of control, as I say hard to explain on here, cant talk about unmentionables. 

But then I stopped all that poison, became a born again stoner, now, I look back and think FUCK! 
    Wish I'd stuck to mary jane, but its whats made me who I am, aint had a drink in almost 2 years and dont intend to ever have one again.

19. Try to easy off guy. The sooner you do so the less time you're going to think you wasted when you stop. 

Try putting all your beers in a jug before you drink em, and fill half the jug with water, soda ect. 

IDK i have no real experience in this area just trying to help.

20. #20 Americandutchyz, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    Shit guys, I passed the fuck out after I made this thread, and I didn't come back to it until today because I didn't think anyone would want to reply to the drunken ramblings of an alchie haha. You guys are the fucking shit thanks for all these replies!