True led wattage

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Kdebi, Jun 10, 2018.

1. I have a "600 watt" and "2000 watt" led lights. The true draw of the 600 is 116 watts and the 2000 watts actual draw is 354 watts (cheap amazon lights). My question is would these 2 lights combined be good for a 2x4x5 tent planning on doing a scrog.

2. The bigger led should do a 2.5x4 or 3x3 well enough.

3. So you think adding both lights is overkill?

4. Yes
    I do think it's overkill! You could try, some strains can handle a lot of light.

5. I agree with 4ala2sk0a... a 2x4 should only need around 240ish watts if running LED's. So the little light is not enough watts (it would prob work good for veg in a 2x2 though). And the bigger LED is more watts than you need. However, just lift the light up a bit and keep an eye on temps, and you should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. With blurples mate, u want 50-60w per square ft. So 8sqf is 400-480w. Your total is 470w. Id say your pretty spot on. Just make sure theres plenty of airflow across the canopy and your good.
    This your first grow?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. This will be my second indoor grow. First one went alright nothing to write home about though. Been growing outdoors for years though but i still consider myself an amateur especially after coming on here and reading the wealth of knowledge some of you have to offer.

8. Why the move back inside? Id love to be able to grow outdoors. Tried it gorilla style last year but they got eaten by deer soon as the started to flower. :(

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I'm still growing outdoors but I'm doing a gorilla style grow I live in a state where it is not legal. I just wanted to be able to harvest all year round instead of just one in the fall.

10. You're right... Sorry, was thinking 30w per sq ft like cobs and QB's.