true beginner with a few ??s

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pyrplhaze, Jan 19, 2007.

1. so about a week ago I got bored and decided to try and grow a little bud. Didn't think this would work, but I now have 4 little plants, and absolutely no freakin idea what comes next. Here is what I did

cut the top off a 1L water bottle
    scooped some dirt from outside (live in apt complex)
    poked seeds in (seeds were from a bag just finished)
    watered a little bit
    put under a desk light
    continued to water as needed

now, a little over a week later, I have 4 little plants. I would like to continue growing, but have absolutely NO idea what to do now. Here are my questions..

Is this even going to work?
    can this be done on a VERY limited budget?
    If it can be done on said budget, how would I do it?

I am not looking for some huge crop, I am just getting tired of buying when I know its possible to grow my own.

Thanks to all who reply!!!

2. many books have been written to answer your question my friend. I mean no disrespect, the best advice I can give you is to read through a lot of people's grow journals, get ideas from what has worked for them. read through general indoor grow posts, advance techniques, for even more ideas. read, read, read, my friend, no one can answer your questions adequately in this thread, good luck.

3. don't you know cannabis requires a proper temperature, humidity, lightsource, soil, fertilizer.
    think basics here... it seems you know none

4. <<read, read, read, my friend, no one can answer your questions adequately in this thread>>

Then read read read I shall do! thanks!

<<don't you know cannabis requires a proper temperature, humidity, lightsource, soil, fertilizer.
    think basics here... it seems you know none>>

no, I didnt know all that, i thought it would be assumed from my post that I know absolutely nothing about this, and was just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. The fella that posted before you told me to read as much as I can on the topic, which I plan on doing!

5. Check the grow guides and sticky posts that appear first on the list in this here beginner's forum. My sig has some links to try as well.

6. cool, thanks...gonna check 'em out as soon as I get a little free time!

7. also man, if you live in the states, read some on security. be informed on the down side if you get caught. don't go into this blindly. there is a big difference between getting busted with a bag, and getting busted for cultivating. you might decide the con's make this not worth while for you, but I hope you're a gambler like me, this can be a lot of fun. peace

8. yeah, I have thought about the security aspects of this whole thing, and have pretty much decided that I should be ok...(famous last words...lol) I am only lookin to have one plant just for personal use, and maybe to make a quick $20 off of if I need the money...

I am not really tryin super hard to do this, I am just gonna grow it like I would grow any other plant and see if it works out. If it doesn't, I am not gonna be disappointed, as it is truly an experiment, and if it does, yay for that! But thanks for the heads up, I know a dude got busted for growin big time, and lets just say we wont be hearing from him for a while....