Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Truck Drivers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Misterpurp420, Feb 22, 2013.

1. It sounds like a sweet job and I hear you make good money. I know you get. Drug tested to get the truckers license and by whatever company hires you. I'm wondering if you can toke and drive across the nation whenever you please? Or do they get drug tested constantly?

2. Friend had same question.

Sent from above

3. most companies for truck driving do background checks, and drug tests, but i think after a while they stop with tests. depends on the company you work for to be honest.

4. I drive a 5 ton hino, you dont need a license and ive never been drug tested. Im sure if you are driving 18 wheelers that you do not own you will probably be required to do one.

5. From what I understand truckers are tested very frequently, usually at least once a month (depending on the employer though), making it impractical to toke while on the job (or even a few days off), because THC can easily be stored in fat for a month if it is not burned off.

If you only smoke once, or a few times (like at the beginning of the month), and are not able to dedicate time every day getting the THC out of your system (by working out), chances are it will remain in your system and you'll be positive for weed. And since you never know when the drug tests are (for example, you could smoke at the beginning of the month thinking you wont be tested until a few weeks later, but you could randomly be required to take a test the next day), it makes it even more likely you will be positive.

Because of this I don't think its a very toker-friendly job simply because of the stress of having to be consistently drug tested every month. And by "truck driver" I'm assuming you mean big rigs, 18-wheelers, or whatever.

6. Lets all become truck drivers and smoke weed

7. Yeah they get tested alot, Used to be big problems with people taking things so they could drive for days at a time. Nothing to worry about if youre an owner/operator