Trouble with pest birds..!!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Vermio, Mar 29, 2019.

1. I have encountered the presence of a group of sparrows in my garden. They have built nests in the trees in our garden and used to eat our scrap foods. They are extremely noisy, and during day times they congregate in large flocks. I got fed up with this noisy creature, and they completely destroyed my garden with their droppings. These sparrows and their droppings created my premise an extremely unhygienic and unpleasant environment. I have read that sparrow droppings contain uric acid which is highly corrosive and can cause serious diseases. So I was looking for some efficient method to get rid of these sparrows from my premise. I have tried creating bird traps and placed a fake owl in the same tree, but nothing worked at all. One of my wise neighbours advised hiring falconry raptors for controlling this pest bird. He had falconry experience for scaring the pest birds which became harmful for his peaceful living. So I was planning to approach such service providers as soon as possible. Before making a final decision, I would like to hear from you. If you have any suggestions and opinions, please let me know. It would be a great help to me.

2. My boy put up a couple life size and alive looking owls.
    Seems to scare em' off
    A 410 or 20 ga will work too, if in the city then go down to a pellet rifle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cats and netting work well !