Trouble with Clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ruprect, Sep 13, 2010.

1. For the past couple of weeks I have been taking clippings from my bigger females and trying to get some nice little clones going. None of them want to take. Some wilt to nothing on the first night and others appear to be doing well and then they start to yellow and and finally die.

They are all geting a light spritz of water a couple of times a day and are under 18 hours of flourecent light. When I plant them I am using a rooting hormone and putting them in a growing medium that I soaked once with VERY limited amounts of nutes.

The yellowing starts at the edges of the leaves and creeps up to cover the entire leaf in a couple of days.

What am I missing here? Too much Nute? Not enough? Watering too much?

Also, I have a question about taking clippings that have already started to show the white hairs. Can these go back to the vegitative light cycle and be grown to full plants?

Thanks for any help.

Ruprect

2. Thanks for the links, Raoul. Very cool instructions for a machine that I MAY build one day. For the time being though, I have already spent like nuts on my actual 600W HPS/Mylar Tent/blower/filter set-up and can't spend any more on a cloning bubbler, however cool and effeicient it may be. I am going to have to do it the old fashioned way.

3. #4 Raoul, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
    Did you use a humidity dome?
    Also - clones dont need nutes as there are no roots to take them up.
    Also - you should cut off about 50% of the leaf to reduce transpiration