Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trouble sleeping without weed :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FreshXD, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Now that high school is over I need a summer job. Lucky for me my uncles letting me work with him so that I can make some money to put away. He lives about an hour away so in staying at his house until the end of July. Back at home I smoke every night before I go to bed. Now that I'm here and can't smoke I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping. Tonights my first night and at first I got tired pretty easy and went to lay in bed around 12:00 I've been tossing and turning and watching t.v for the past 2 house since then. I'm not even crazing weed at all. I'm actually pretty excited that I'm about to go on my first T-break. I'm really tired but I can't seem to fall asleep. Is this because I'm on a break? Or is it because I'm just excited about stopping for a little bit and also a little excited about work. I brought a little bit of weed with me incase this happened but it'll be a little trouble sneaking out since I'm in the same room as my little cousin who I know for a fact would fallow me outside to see what I was doing.

So what are your thoughts? Why am I tired but can't fall asleep? How can i fall asleep? Should I smoke?

2. It is because of the break from weed. Can you get any beer or something? You shouldnt have the tv on either because then your brain is just processing to many images so its not relaxing. You can also try Valerian root pills.

3. Try avoiding laying down in your bed until its time to go to sleep. This way your brain will now that, when your laying down its time to go to bed. I do this now and it helps me out. Also take a hot shower or bath, should help out a little.

4. Any antihistamine like benadryl would tire you out, as well. I had a buddy who used to use herb as a sleep aid and he had similar problems. Luckily for me I usually smoke sativas so when I rip I'm up for hours haha.

5. I have the same problem, I enjoy smoking a bowl before I go to bed.

6. take 2 benadryl. Safest sleep aid available, just dont rely on it too heavily and its about as harmless as caffeine.

7. Hehe :laughing: I decided to smoke instead guys :smoke::smoke: I'm gonna sleep good tonight boys. :) :D

8. im goin through that right nowww but luckily my pipe is rezinated like a mofo muahahah :hello:

9. I find staying up until like 4 in the morning for a few nights helps.

10. shit man same shit happens to me

11. Liquid Nyquil. Works like a dream.

12. I second this one. One little cup full and your out within a half hour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Melatonin works wonders for me. Save that weed and smoke it some other time.

14. I have this same problem. I cant seem to sleep [well] without blazing before bed. It's fun to do this because you get munchies and eat a bunch before you sleep. Your digestive system produces a tiny amount of DMT (dimethatrypaline) which is the chemical that makes you dream, as well as your brain naturally producing a tiny amount of DMT each night. Eating before you sleep makes you dream.

15. So much for that T-Break huh? Haha

16. Two words: Lazy Cakes.

17. you just blew my mind :eek:

18. #19 ToTheDome, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Agreed. J

19. Marijuana, Sleep and Dreams | Psychology Today