Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trouble decarbing BHO not sure if did it correct

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MattmPsi, Feb 20, 2019.

1. My BHO has been in the oven for almost a whole hour now at 250 degrees and all the bubbles still wont fully go away (wich is the indicator that its decarbed...

Here is a picture of the BHO out of the oven after this. Are these amount of bubbles ok?? Does this look decarbed to you guys? Should I stick it back in the oven?? 20190220_124613.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If it's still bubbling then it's still decarbing. 40 minutes isn't always enough when using the oven and it will depend on how much is there. It looks about finished but have fun scraping all those spatters. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I find it can take an hour or more for concentrate to decarb. I decarb at 240F until there are no more bubbles, @MattmPsi.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 MattmPsi, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    I ended up going just a little teeny bit longer and the bubbles ended up going away! I did the coconut oil infusion after that.. it made 5 giant coconut oil caps. 2 grams of decarbed bho in coconut oil = 5 caps. So about .4 of decarbed BHO per capsule. Wich, if the BHO is about 70% THC equals out to 280mg of THC per cap.

I took 4 of them.. if the BHO is about 70% THC then 4 of these would equal out to be 1120mg of THC.. so. I ate 4 of them.

And edibles never ever work on me, but to be honest I did feel a little funny. I was hanging around the house and I didnt smoke at all but I did kind of feel a little funny and hungry and stuff too wich was odd.

Then I fell asleep for a good 3 hours and when I woke up my eyes were reeeeeeedddderrrr than ever. So red. They never get red too. But they were. And I still felt pretty wonky too as if I had smoked a bunch.

So, something finally seems like it worked. Does this sound like it worked to you guys?

It didnt work a ton the way it wanted to. I feel like if it REALLY worked it would have floored me like the first time. I feel like this is what someone would feel from 50 or 100mg.

I wanted to get really high like first time type of high.. instead I just got a little wonky for a bit and tired as hell etc.. but I feel that's an indicator it could have worked a little bit. I hope it wasnt coincidence.

But the person I gave the 5th one to has an approximately 280mg of thc gelcap so hopefully it works more on her. She said she would try it Friday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Please don't let your friend take the full 280 mg capsule! She is not you..
    She may be uncomfortable on that huge dose. You're used to that amount.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. Your friends going to see the devils dick if she has no tolerance lmaooo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Adding 1/6th by volume Lecithin will approximately double the perceived effects.
    It's all about the bioavailability and the Lecithin assists in that.
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. How long can your BHO/coconut oil caps be stored at room temp without degrading in potency?

9. I've had the Kief-Hash versions in the trunk of the car for over a year with no loss of strength. Seems as if once infused in oil the rate of cannabis degradation slows way down.
    BNW

10. Word thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1