Tropical's Organic 600W OG Kush

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Tropical Bud, Nov 9, 2012.

1. #1 Tropical Bud, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    After months of preparation, I'm ready to plant my first ever grow (and organic) for that matter, with two Reserva Privada OG Kush purchased at Attitude Seeds Bank.

I've went directly with 600W HPS for a small sized tent and hope that everything goes well, but it's time to get started and work the last perks during the grow cycle.

18 hours in, dropped the seeds directly into the soil.

Equipment
    Aviditi Grow Tent, 36" x 20" x 63"
    Lumatek 600W E-Ballast
    Lumatek 600W HPS Bulb (Flowering)
    CAP 400W MH Bulb (Vegetating)
    LumeSun 4" Aircooled Reflector
    Hydrofarm Active Air 6" Inline Fan (Exhaust) with Speedster Speed Controller
    S&P TD-100X Mixed Flow (Intake)

I'd like to dedicate this first grow to InTheGarden for helping me out so much with the soil mix and my long venture into the ocean of organic needs, thanks! :)

Edit: Better pics.

Attached Files:

2. Hey Tropical,

Welcome to the organics party, and congrats on your prep work!

Probably shouldn't expect those seeds to sprout in less than 7 days. In the meantime, just keep them warm and moist (not wet), and LITFA.

Good luck!

See ya...

3. I have one concern on the "warm" thing. How do you keep them warm in the soil when it's inside a tent with no lights or a fresh air temp. As you can see the thermometer is reading 72 above the soil. :)

And thanks!

4. Hey Tropical,

Do you have a small lamp you could put in the tent to raise the temp a few degrees? Seeds sprout quicker when the temp is 80F or so.

When they do sprout, you'll want to make sure they get plenty of fresh air, too.

See ya...

5. Tried a small lamp but barely makes any heat, and it's one of the big bulbs...

6. #6 Tropical Bud, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    Tonight I saw one of my seeds sprout and starting to grow.

And also found a little visitor in the soil. Any ideas on what it is or if it does any harm? Didn't see any other insects on my inspection.

Attached Files:

7. Nice set up, can't wait to see what's going on here. Ive been wanting to upgrade to a 600w just haven't had time.

8. Cool I'm thinking about popping my OG Kush fron RP too, under a 600w as well, cant wait to build my soil and start vermicomposting and such.

Subbing!

@moonparade: Mine is dimmable so I can tell the difference between 250/400/600 and the 600w is certainly an improvement! Personally I cant wait to move up to 1000w/LED/dual 600w (2 bulbs in one hood).

9. Looking good, I'm subbed. You can't go wrong with the OG.

I don't know what kind of bug that is, probably no problem...

10. Kinda looks like this bug: Order Zoraptera - Zorapterans - BugGuide.Net

It indeed seems to be a no worry one, I also didn't notice any other bug, it was JUST that one, so it should be no problem, hopefully.

Thanks for subbing! There should be much more coming soon. :)

11. Ok, I just noticed my second seed is already open too, so excited! Can't wait to see these babies growing for their first time with a 600w, probably best bud I'll ever smoke until I visit BC, Cali, Colo or Amsterdam, lol.

12. Alright guys... the seedlings are up and well!

Should I go for starting the light today (600w HPS)? I also got a comment on using this light during veg might stretch the plant more than it normally does. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

13. Hey TP, Idk about using that 600hps right off the bat, it will induce stretchin and its also a lot of heat so it might hinder veg growth big time as a seedling. Try some cfls or something first til its a bit bigger.

14. Can easily do that and will do that right away. Should I do the norm veg period 16/8 or just leave it 24 till they grow a bit bigger?

Also, should I start my fans already or wait till it's a bit more necessary with the HPS? I'll setup a normal fan to give some air though.

15. I always start with my MH, but this time I forgot the HPS bulb was in. It was all fine, I started at 250w though, but I move up to 600w soon. I dont think it'd hurt you if you kept the temps low.

I go 24/0-2 days, 20-4 1.5 weeks, and then 18/6 the rest of the way til flower where I take off an hour a day til 12/12.

I get my fans going asap, just make sure its not too strong.

16. Im using a 250 in one corner and a 150 in the opposite corner of a 5x2x5 inclosure with one plant and its got about 3-4 weeks left so I'm about to start another. The one plant is getting niceeee but I really want to see what another 200w would put on er

17. Both seedlings doing good!

Attached Files:

18. Hey guys! Just bought a 400w MH bulb and put it to work. The temp has obviously from the CFL's to the MH gone up to 86, it's all the way up on the tent and not close to the seedlings though. Is this temp alright for them and should it be good for a better veg period than those CFLs?

Appreciated!

19. Day 6:

Attached Files:

20. So after some more researching I'm definitely experiencing stretching as you can see in the above pictures, basically due to having the 400W MH too far away from the seedlings. I've now lowered my reflector to 16in from the seedlings and managed to keep temps at 82-84 which the seedlings seem to be fine with.

Unfortunately one of the seedlings started keeling over and had to get some support for it, but she seems to be doing fine. I've also set my intake fan to blow a bit of air close to the seedlings to barely move them so they get can get stronger.

Attached Files: