Tropical grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BushBurner, Mar 1, 2013.

1. This'll be my first grow, I'll be growing in 5 gallon buckets in the jungle. Using miracle grow moisture control mixed with perlite, and local volcanic red dirt, with a tiny bit of 10-10-10. Fertilizer. I just started some dank bag seeds that just popped last night. Weather is sunny and rainy off and on with 90 degree weather daily with 85 percent relative humidity. Expectations for yield with three plants? How long should it take with 12 hours of sun all year? Geurilla grow tips? First time grow tips?

2. Lose the miracle grow soil, taking dirt from outside and steaming it to kill the bugs is better than mg in my opinion.

3. The dirt here is red dirt that not much grows in, very few nutrients

4. People don't really like Miracle Gro since it's owned by Monsanto and reportedly gives their bud bad taste. The alternative is to grow organic, and a soil mix can be found in the organic forum in a thread called "Easy soil mix for beginners".

5. Bud taste out here isn't really taken into consideration. 750 an ounce for mids is what you'll find.

6. If it gets good direct light then probly around a few ozs per plant.maybe more maybe less depending on soil and sunlight. I would worry about bud rot and mold since its so rainy and humid.have you grown outdoors there before?do you have access to any soil besides miracle gro?its not ideal but will work.its good to give n in veg and p and k in flower