Tropical Climate in door grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by cd001111, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Hi all, so here I am in sunny South Florida to enjoy my golden years (crock of shit). What do I find out when I get here, first it's way to fucking hot plus I don't know anyone so I'm up shit's creek. My buddy up north took care of me and made sure I got decent shit. Now it's over and I'm up against the wall it's REG or nothing so I decided to do it myself. Notice my grow box it's located in an air conditioned garage. The box is just big enough to hold an 8 10” Autopot smartvalve system. The box is 30 “ deep, 48” long and 72” high with a 5000 BTU A/C. I have a vented 600W MH/HPS lighting system and I'm using a 20 gallon Rubbermaid tub to hold the nutrients and a Prime water cooler. I'm using a 4 inch duct fan to expel the heat from the lights, I have a big bathroom exhaust fan mounted up top and Mylar on the walls. I have Perlite and Coco coir as a grow medium. Anyone that can give me any advice I can use it, this is my first grow in this climate and my last grow was 20 years ago (it worked to some extent). Check out the pics, please be. These gusy are about

Attached Files:

2. I can't give you any advice man, but your plants do look nice and happy!

good luck with this i wish you the best.

3. Sweet man good luck with this grow and keep us posted.

4. #4 cd001111, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    I've been keeping notes and taking pictures, I'm using FutureGardens Liquid Earth products. I have 8 going in about 9 square feet and I would love to know the sex. These guys are young like 25 days in the box. I understand the Bubblegum get to about 3 feet how about an early Flowering using SCROG, I can pull the males as soon as they show their sex. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

5. Sweet grow man. To tell sex we need to see close ups of the main stem connecting to the leaves.

6. oh man i'd be going crazy with your setup i would go all the way with a scrog bush it the fuck up and pack on some nugs...

7. #7 cd001111, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
    I guess I have to learn how to use my camera, thanks for the kudos I will be back as soon as I can get some more shots.

Attached Files:

8. Im not saying your pics are bad, just the wrong area. You need to take upclose pics of the main stem.

9. prolly to early to determine sex anyway at three weeks:confused:

wait to get rid of the males before you start scrogging might save you some time:rolleyes:

10. #10 cd001111, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
    With all due respect, I just can't see anything but new growth, I won't have any problems after I go 12/12 determining sex. These guys are using lots of water, I;m managing to keep the temps down thanks to coolers and A/C (I can't wait to see my electric bill). They measure 8" to 15" as of yesterday, I'm seriously thinking of giving it another week to 10 days and then 12 on 12 off with HPS. I have my chicken wire ready to go.

CD

Attached Files:

11. Looks nice man, I grew in FL outdoor and Indoor. Indoor is much easier to grow down there, though I had one sativa plant that yeilded almost 2 pounds outdoors. It was a pain in the ass to grow outdoors there though I lost quite a few to pests.

12. Looks extremely healthy, Going to be a great feeling to smoke some of your harvest and go cruising on your bike!

13. Morning all, Here is an update for all interested. My biggest concern is blocking off the A/C, I've checked the expected height, Bigbud 50MM Bubblegum 100 to 150 or 3 to 31/2 foot indoor. Right now Bigbud is my biggest plant with the bubblegum catching it in height. I'm giving them 18 hours of light, I keep the PH around 6 and the PPM under 800. I'm getting ready to flower, I need to know what these are considered so I can feed them correctly, 1 low light flowers, 2 full sun flowers or 3 full sun fruits and veggies? I want to thank all that have helped me get to this point.

Thanks All
    CD

Attached Files:

14. Just out of curiousity where does that A/C vent to? Are you going to be sucking that dank ass smell off the buds rite out into you're niebors back yard? xD

I suppose recirculation might fix that, I'm not sure if it will completely though.

15. No it goes up into the attic and out the power vents in the roof, can't smell a dam thing.

CD

16. Morning all, as I've stated I'm getting ready to flower my garden my largest plant is almost 4 feet already. I realize I just turn the timer to 12/12. My question is the about feeding them during the transition. Is pot considered

1. low light flowers
    2, Full sun flowers
    3. full sun Veggies

When I do go to 12/12 do I just swap out the nutrients keeping the PPM about the same or lighten up for a while. I have a 8 nice plants and I don't want to mess this up. This site has helped me get to this point and I appreciate the help and encouragement.

CD

17. plants looking good!

18. I'm not quite sure what you are asking but I do know that weed plants while in the flower stage of their life require the 12 hours of darnkess, the 12 hours of light is not the huge factor. It is essential not to break the nighttime schedule for the flowering. And I know the nitrogen amount decreases slightly and the phosphorous and potassium amounts increase for the nutes on flowering. You have to see what they like for the actual amount, every plant is different.

19. I had a really similar question to you and after browsing around and reading people's journals it sounds like the best method is keep the same PPM of the same veg. nutes for the first week of 12/12 then switch your plant onto the bloom nutes. Your plant will still need nitrogen for the first week because they still grow a bit before flowering. As far as PPM goes with the flowering I'd say do a little higher than the PPM you were doing in veg. and see how the plant handles it. If you see any nute burn you can just flush it and readjust the PPM.

20. Hi all, today my plants have been vegitating for 35 days, they are 3 to 4 feet tall and they use 3 gallons of fluids every 48 hours. I'm planning on going 12/12 tonight I need more room. Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks
    CD

Attached Files: