Tropic lightning (Ocean Grown Genetics) pheno hunt!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by archer5, May 12, 2018.

1. Hey y'all,
    Jus popped a measly 9 beans 2 days ago in 1 gallon fabric pots with 2/3 empire builder soil and 1/3 perlite. I am expecting to see first leaves in the next few days. Will post pics when they pop up. I'm growing these in a 2x4 tent under a disco light led and will move them outside when they get old enough. Eventually I will finish upgrading my tent and after sexing I will put the remaining females under a spectrum king full spectrum LED and finish out the hunt for that nerdz candy/ candy vomit pheno . To avoid rambling I will end this first post with some pics and writing from the ocean grown page about tropic lightning.

TROPIC LIGHTNING
    LINEAGE
    Malibu x Obiwan OG Kush
    FLOWERING TIME
    63 - 70 Days
    STRETCH
    60-80%
    DESCRIPTION
    Tropic lightning is cross between malibu pie and our stud obi wan og kush male. The result is a pungent, gassy profile with sharp aromas ranging from berry soda to a candy lemon funk. Vader described his keeper cut as ‘candy vomit.’

Sticky, greasy kolas with unique flavors make this hybrid a great addition to the connoisseur’s garden.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. All the beans have popped, here's a pic from the other day.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can I see a pic of your disco led light? Is it round? lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. No it's square but it makes my office pretty groovy at night when the lights are still on hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Awesome! Amidst a 20K bedroom set we have a cheap o black light and a 1970s black light poster lol ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's day 8 and these tropic lighting are working on their second set of true leaves. Just got a jar of natural mystic from dragonfly earth medicine. It's a mixture of kelp, horse tail, stinging nettle, alfalfa, lavender, other things, and is an inoculant of bacteria that will protect your leaves from pest and disease so I figured I would give these girls an inoculation. Other than that I am just sticking water and rotating the pots under the 300w LED...
    Currently I have an intake from outside and exhaust my tent every other 15minutes on the timer. Soon I'll a control for cooling, dehumidification and co2. I also have a humdifier in here and will have this on a controller as well. My temps and hunidty are around 78*f/ 65%rh.

Currently very pleased with ocean grown genetics as well as dragonfly earth medicines product line. Only if organic solution would ship me shilajit.

I'll include some picture from dragonflyearthmedicine's website about the ingredients in their product natural mystic

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Day 15
    Plants are working on their 3rd set of leaves. Began watering the pots from the bottom to avoid further fungus knat issues. Haven't seen any since I saw the first two (which may have been going after the apple cider vinegar trap I put in there for them). The plants seemed to have enjoyed the natural mystic foliars I've given them to establish good biology on them. Some leaves are very slightly "clawing" I assume from wind stress. After turn the fan down and moving it back the "clawing" symptoms have improved greatly. Waiting to get spectrum King lights in here before these puppies are ready to flower (not anytime too soon).
    Still roto sting the plants under the "blurple" LED.
    *Pictures are from day 14.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm curious about 2 things. Is that perlite on top and what will that do? and why are you rotating your plants? (roto sting) ?

9. Yea that's perlite to help to deter the fungus Knats. I saw 2 last week and between the dry 2" layer of perlite and switching to watering from the bottom it's worked thus far. I would have used lava rock which does the same thing (Knats only go about 1/4" into soil to lay eggs and the sharp edges slowly cut them when the try and dig through sharp rock and such).
    I guess I should shuffling the plants around. The plants in the middle are obviously getting more light so I've been shuffling them once a day (shuffling them by the row) to keep their growth consistent until I get better lighting.
    Thanks for follow my journal GreatGrammy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Friend! @archer5 ! :hola: Thanks for sharing the info about the perlite. I get gnats in the summer and did not know that bottom watering also helped. I have perlite atop my hibiscus but only for appearence. Your babies are looking very nice! :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Your welcome! Hope your able to get rid of the fu Gus Knats like I did. Keeping the surface of the soil dry is key. Happy memorial day! ✌️

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks friend! :hola: :)