Troop increase in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, May 31, 2011.

1. » Obama Sends More Troops to Iraq as Deadline Nears

More than 7,000 slotted for Iraq this summer - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

Iraqi Shiite Militias Again Pose a Threat as U.S. Forces Leave - The New York Times

My god we have ruined that Country...

"Between 1995 and 2004, the al Qaeda years, two-thirds of all attackers came from countries where the United States had troops stationed. While al Qaeda are twice as likely to hail from a country with a strong Wahhabist (radical Islamic) presence, they are ten times as likely to come from a country in which U.S. troops are stationed. Until the U.S. invasion in 2003, Iraq had never had a suicide terrorist attack in its entire history…Predictably enough, al Qaeda recruitment has exploded after the invasion of Iraq." - Congressman Ron Paul, The Revolution: A Manifesto (p. 20-21)​

2. Are we still planning on pulling out by December?

3. exactly like i told baby-mama that i would pull out.

4. They are the ones that are supposed to end the war supposedly. I think its part of the 82nd airbourne

5. Are you meaning to say this group of troops is supposed to end it over there?

Just not sure what your saying sorry.

6. They are supposed to oversee the evacuation of troops and material, at least that is my understanding. They will probably still be killing though...

7. I wouldn't hold your breath for us "leaving".

New embassy in Iraq a mystery - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq - msnbc.com

U.S. Embassy in Iraq Largest, Most Expensive Ever - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I hope your correct.

Americans working in Iraq better not be far behind.

Once Iraq falls to Muslim extremism .... i wonder what they will say in order to convince us the mission was accomplished?

9. Or we could leave now...

10. somebody else had this good idea...now who was it...who was it.....ohh yeah!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-DIpkJRDY]YouTube - ‪Ron Paul Says "Just Come Home" at ABC Debate with George‬‏[/ame]

11. but then the terrorists will win..

and we'd be like 10-2...

12. Yeah, but remember...our wise overlords say that THEY (Iran) are the aggressors...imagine if we were Iran and had all those bases around us.

13. Surely you would not feel threatened in any way by the glorious defenders of freedom?

14. We are done in Iraq. I have relatives serving in or around that area and they're just wrapping everything up. They don't even go outside the wire anymore (except of course military police and infantry but only with accompying Iraq forces, no more unilateral missions). However, it HAS been getting more volatile over there with daily rockets from iraqis and bombs. So they are just adding some extra forces to ensure a smooth transition. Not to worry, what I would worry about is what we're doing in other middle eastern countries, namely the ones we're involved with that somehow don't make the news..............

15. 5 U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq - latimes.com

16. #18 NasaJoe, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    Sucks, you dont hear shit about the soldiers who died in Iraq / Afghanistan on cable TV.

People dont realize how many people have died on both sides... 10K civilians and 7K of our own soldiers.. what a joke we are..

Spread the information... :confused:

When I tell people we have killed 3x more civilians than died in 9/11 they always respond with the same response... I didnt know that..

http://icasualties.org/

So let me get this straight....

We've spent 2 trillion dollars, and 5.6 people have died for ever 1 person who died in 9/11?

Disgraceful if you ask me..

dis·grace/disˈgrās/
    Noun: Loss of reputation or respect, esp. as the result of a dishonorable action.
    Verb: Bring shame or discredit on (someone or something)

17. CIA chief expects Iraq to ask U.S. troops to stay | Reuters

Color me surprised. :rolleyes:

Two Questions:
    1- Why is a bureaucrat in charge of the CIA?
    2- Why is that bureaucrat going to be Secretary of Defense?

General David Petraeus to CIA and Leon Panetta to Pentagon in Major National Security Reshuffling - ABC News

:confused:

18. Starting to question what the national/coast guard does!